Major Gifts Manager
As a member of the Development
Team, the Major Gifts Manager will be essential to expanding this
program and establishing new relationships as we build towards the
future of EOC. The Major Gifts Manager will drive the effort to
secure gifts at the level of $5,000+, primarily from individuals
and family foundations, to reach EOC’s 6-year growth strategy. The
Manager will develop and implement strategies for identifying major
gift prospects, cultivating donors, and maximizing gifts. The
Manager will be primarily responsible for stewardship of EOC's
major donor portfolio. The Manager will assist with special events
as needed, including conception, planning, and implementing
strategic donor cultivation activities. Essential
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Work collaboratively with the Development team to ensure active
pipeline of major donors by identifying prospects from daily/weekly
gift reports; using criteria to mine the database to uncover
prospects; reviewing donor lists from peer organizations; and using
other strategies and database resources to identify new potential
- Work with the CEO and the Director of Development to enlist the
participation of board members and other volunteer leadership in
identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major donor
- Develop short- and long-term strategies for prospects,
including annual giving goals and goals for discrete
- Develop strategy memoranda and meeting scripts to prepare
senior staff to make successful asks, demonstrating understanding
of donor interests and philanthropic habits.
- Write solicitation letters, proposals, donor recognition pieces
for publications, and other materials as needed.
- Assign and assist with prospect research sufficient to confirm
major donor capacity.
- Maintain donor records in Raiser’s Edge database: enter contact
reports in donor records and ensure that next steps are scheduled
for all active and prospective donors. Enter gift capacity ratings
for donors and prospects based on prospect research and use these
ratings to prioritize prospects and assign portfolios to the
Director of Development and other staff as appropriate. Maintain
accurate contact information for donors. Run reports based on gift
capacity, giving history, outstanding contacts, and other criteria
- Assist with strategy and logistics for special events as
- Conduct personal visits with major gift prospects and current
- Solicit planned gifts from prospects, demonstrating a sound
understanding of different planned giving vehicles.
- Develop and manage expense budgets for Major Giving, tracking
adherence to budgeted spending limits.
Minimum Qualifications To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work with and through others internally and
- Ability to set and evaluate strategy for funding
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related
- Minimum of 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in
Development, including experience developing successful ask
strategies and effective major donor acquisition strategies.
- Experience deploying program and senior staff strategically in
moves management and asks, in assessing capacity through prospect
research, and managing donor relations.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience with
Raisers Edge or similar fundraising database.
- Discretion in handling confidential information
The ideal candidate will
be creative, organized, strategic and have superior interpersonal
skills. He/she must be a self-starter with a sense of urgency and a
bias toward execution. Must have long-range planning skills and the
ability to be flexible and open to new ideas, as well as the
ability to work in a team environment and collaborate across
disciplines. Physical Demands/Working
- Valid Driver's License Required or the ability to be present to
meet with prospects at various locations and at various times.
- Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, talking,
- EOC requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and
approved. All candidates offered a position at EOC will be required
to comply with the COVID vaccine mandate and procedures prior to
their first day of employment.
Salary Range $65,000.00 - $80,000.00
- Hybrid – office location in downtown Denver and employees’ home
or remote location