Deputy Director of Individual Giving & Events
- New York, United States
- $60,000.00 - $70,000.00
- Closing date
- May 31, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Fundraising Administration, Other Fundraising, Administrative, Arts Administration
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Deputy Director of Individual Giving & Events (DDIGE) is an experienced, resourceful, and proactive development professional who can balance the logistics of individual giving processes and event planning with fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship at the crux. The successful candidate brings individual giving and events experience, a deep love of dance and the performing arts, and an affinity with Gibney’s mission.
The DDIGE works as an integral member of a coordinated development team consisting of an incoming Senior Director of Development (SDOD), a Director of Institutional Giving (DIG), an Institutional Giving Manager (IGM), an Executive & Board Liaison (EBL), and a Development & Database Coordinator (DDC). The DDIGE is responsible for supporting the build out of a new individual giving and major gift function, as developed by the incoming SDOD. In addition, they manage the planning and implementation of Gibney’s Annual Gala, cultivation events, and various engagement opportunities for prospects and supporters throughout each year.
Reporting to the SDOD and supervising the DDC, the DDIGE is a full-time, exempt position. This position requires frequent on-site presence at Gibney Center, including 890 and 280 Broadway. All staff must be fully vaccinated and boosted per Gibney’s Employee Vaccination Policy.
• Works collaboratively with the Development team to plan and implement the organization’s annual contributed revenue strategy to raise $4M+
• Plans, prepares, and executes direct mail and digital communications for cultivation, invitation, solicitation, and stewardship purposes
• Liaises with the Marketing Team to uphold accurate supporter recognition
• Prepares reports for and participates on the Board’s Strategic Advancement Committee
• Maintains a high level of organization in development files, archives, and database
• Interfaces with the Finance Team to reconcile and maintain reporting accuracy
• Oversees security and quality controls of the organization’s CRM database (Salesforce-PatronManager) to ensure accuracy, report capability, and efficiency
• Participates in weekly development team meetings
• Supports the SDOD’s efforts to overhaul Gibney’s individual and major donor function
• Manages the weekly moves management process for the individual giving portfolio(s), activating donor/prospect segmentation and tailored relationship-building approaches
• Regularly conducts individual donor prospect research
• Helps implement the annual communications plan, in a coordinated effort with the Marketing team, to keep supporters/prospects engaged, informed, and focused
• Manages the creation and roll out of direct mail and digital appeals
• Manages donor meetings including logistics, pre-meeting briefs, and onsite hospitality
• Drafts personalized donor outreach from the SDOD and/or other leaders
• With the EBL and DDC, ensures the CEO’s communication and engagement with individual donors is captured in Gibney’s CRM database (Salesforce – PatronManager)
• Ensures timely and accurate acknowledgement of all individual contributions in coordination with the DDC
ANNUAL GALA & EVENTS
• With the SDOD, manages the annual Gala, activating Gala planning milestones across the full fiscal year to promote fundraising success and growth
• Manages all Gala event logistics from venue scouting and vendor engagement to run-ofshow planning, look book creation, night-of volunteer management, etc.
• Manages all tangential Gala revenue projects such as live auctions, silent auctions, Ad Journal ads for purchase, raffles, calls to action, text-to-give opportunities, etc.
• Collaborates with the Marketing team to develop and manage a coordinated Gala communications plan across direct mail and digital platforms
• Creates all backend collateral needed for Gala-related meetings, conversations, and early solicitations as well as marketing messages, night of remarks, and more
• Monitors comps to ensure revenue is maximized and comps are seated strategically
• Tracks all invitations, RSVPs, and pledges, revenue, and expenses
• Implements a creative and thoughtful event follow-up strategies to steward attendees
• Manages cultivation events (approximately two per year), coordinating all aspects of event planning from the collaborative conception around the hook for each event to invite list segmentation, outreach, and follow-up; host committee and/or host plans; logistics and hospitality; internal event briefs, staffing, and look books; and post-event follow up strategy
• Maximizes and identifies existing opportunities (planned rehearsals, residencies, performances, etc.) for cultivation and stewardship of donors and prospects
Gibney is a growing organization and employees are often called upon to perform other duties that are essential to accomplish organizational goals and meet important deadlines. This kind of work should only be disseminated by the direct supervisor of that staff member and include relocating their original work for that time frame.
NONPROFIT EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION
Gibney is a mission-based nonprofit performing arts organization. Working in this sector can be personally rewarding with intrinsic benefits and distinct opportunities for growth. However, the compensation will never match that of the private sector or more highly resourced art forms. Candidates for employment are advised to carefully consider their decision to work in this field before seeking or accepting employment at Gibney.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Gibney provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employmentn and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, the status of being transgender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gibney is strongly committed to providing reasonable accommodations of disabilities during the application and hiring process. If required, please contact Senior Manager of Human Resources, Mario Alberto Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The model candidate will possess the following experience and qualifications:
• An appreciation for Gibney’s mission, the performing arts, and social justice
• 5+ years of nonprofit individual giving and events fundraising experience, preferably in dance or performing arts
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and/or relevant experience is desired
• Demonstrated experience with implementing 6-figure+ fundraising events
• Commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and access in the workplace and sector
• Strong project management skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to develop and manage budgets and financial reports
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ethical work behavior with ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor
• Ability to work independently and within an entrepreneurial team environment
• Database experience - Salesforce/PatronManager experience highly preferred
• Availability to work occasional nights and weekends
To be considered, please submit your application to: Jenny Thompson, Managing Director of Strategy, at email@example.com with “Deputy Director of Individual Giving & Events” in the subject line. Applications are requested by or before Friday, May 20.
Your application should include a resume, a cover letter that describes your interest in and qualifications for this position, and the names of at least three professional references. Please submit your application electronically in one PDF document. All applications will be treated as confidential, and references will not be contacted without the candidate’s knowledge and agreement. Incomplete submissions will not be considered nor will submissions that are sent via postal mail, fax, or phone.
Please note that the salary range for this position is $60,000 to $70,000. Exceptionally qualified candidates will be considered at levels commensurate with their qualifications and experience.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert