Development and Communications Manager
- UpValley Family Centers
- California, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Jun 2, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund, Direct Marketing, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration
- Advocacy, Education, Other Fields, Social Services, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
UpValley Family Centers of Napa County is seeking an experienced Development and Communications Manager to join the Development Team and support fundraising, donor relations, communications, and content marketing activities.
Employment Type: Full time, 40 hours/week,
Starting Salary: $29.51/hr ($61,386/year) or depending on experience
Benefits: Full health, dental and vision insurance coverage; 401k retirement program with employer match; paid sick leave, vacation, holidays.
About UpValley Family Centers: Our mission is to provide guidance, support, and resources in the community, in the home, and for the individual, so that everyone can achieve a better life. Located at offices in Calistoga and St. Helena, we serve children, youth, adults, and seniors. Taking a prevention-focused, community-responsive approach, our broad scope of services includes guided information and referrals, access to health services and other resources, education and mentorship opportunities for all ages, case management and counseling services, disaster relief and emergency preparedness services, and more.
About this position: The Development and Communications Manager works with the Development Team to organize systems, processes and timelines to ensure agency communication and fundraising practices are organized and implemented in a timely manner. This includes fundraising database management, donor and community communications, and fundraising campaign implementation. The Development and Communications Manager also takes an active role in developing and promoting written and visual content that presents UVFC’s goals and objectives to key stakeholders, including clients, staff, volunteers, donors, and the community at large.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Fundraising and Donor Relations
• Manage and maintain the accuracy of the UpValley Family Centers’ donor database.
• Manage and maintain UVFC’s grant writing/reporting pipeline and provide assistance as needed in writing grants/compiling necessary back-up information
• Lead the accurate processing of donations, including grants, and ensuring that all gifts are acknowledged in a timely manner. Work with Donor Engagement Coordinator to assure accurate and timely donation processing as needed.
• Collaborate with Development Director to produce request letters, pledge reminders, email blasts, and other donor and community communications.
• Support the Development team in the creation and implementation of all fundraising campaigns, including the annual Viva Napa Valley online auction.
• Collaborate with the Development team and UVFC Board external committee to lead the administrative management of UVFC’s annual online auction, VIVA! Napa Valley.
• Participate in the organization and implementation of donor recognition and stewardship activities.
• Support other fundraising activities of the UVFC Board and Senior staff as needed
Communications and Marketing
• In collaboration with the Development Director and Executive Director, develop an annual agency communications calendar and plan with goals for reaching key audiences through multiple channels and outlets – including local press, digital media, and the UVFC newsletter.
• Coordinate creation of all promotional material for UVFC services, programs, and events – including banners, posters, program flyers, and social media posts. Work with key staff or consultants to ensure key materials are bilingual.
• Manage UVFC’s Facebook and Instagram pages, collaborating with staff to create compelling and engaging content.
• Manage and maintain the UVFC website and event calendar submissions.
• In collaboration with Development Director and Executive Director, develop donor-centric marketing materials for the agency, including an annual report.
• Alongside Development Director, take a leading role on crafting and drafting content for the agency – including press releases, social media posts, newsletter articles, and more.
• Collaborate with the Development Director to create and implement thoughtful social media components to all agency fundraising campaigns.
• Create and publish UpValley Family Centers’ monthly staff newsletter.
• Take a leading role in engaging staff in fundraising and marketing activities for the agency.
• Participate in biweekly Development Team meetings.
• Contribute actively to creation and management of the Development Department’s annual calendar.
• Participate actively in promoting the UpValley Family Centers’ visibility and key messages in the community, including through community fundraising events.
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Generate enthusiasm and encourage participation among staff, board members, donors, and volunteers in the UpValley Family Centers’ programs, community events, and fundraising efforts.
• Establish and maintain an excellent working relationship with staff, Board members, volunteers, and donors.
• Work independently and take initiative to continually improve systems and processes.
• Effectively use digital media and communications best practices to keep UpValley Family Centers top of mind within our community.
• Communicate effectively, respectfully, and persuasively with staff, Board, volunteers, and donors.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
• 2 or more years of experience with a proven track record of success in fundraising, communications and marketing work.
• Understanding of/experience working in a nonprofit organization.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Experience with and skill in visual design strongly desired.
• Knowledge of social media systems and best practices.
• Knowledge of wordpress.
• Desire to be part of an organization supporting individual and family wellness and working towards solutions that address societal inequities
• Valid Driver’s License, insurance or transportation
• Conduct fingerprint background check and TB test and receive clearance
Hours of work:
Work hours will generally fall within normal business hours; though attendance at certain standing meetings will be required, scheduling of work hours can be flexible.
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to Cambria Kirby, Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. No phone calls please.
UpValley Family Centers is an equal opportunity employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert