UpValley Family Centers of Napa County is seeking an
experienced Development and Communications Manager to join the
Development Team and support fundraising, donor relations,
communications, and content marketing activities.
Employment Type: Full time, 40 hours/week,
Starting Salary: $29.51/hr ($61,386/year) or
depending on experience
Benefits: Full health, dental and vision insurance
coverage; 401k retirement program with employer match; paid sick
leave, vacation, holidays.
About UpValley Family Centers: Our mission is
to provide guidance, support, and resources in the community, in
the home, and for the individual, so that everyone can achieve a
better life. Located at offices in Calistoga and St. Helena, we
serve children, youth, adults, and seniors. Taking a
prevention-focused, community-responsive approach, our broad scope
of services includes guided information and referrals, access to
health services and other resources, education and mentorship
opportunities for all ages, case management and counseling
services, disaster relief and emergency preparedness services, and
About this position: The Development and
Communications Manager works with the Development Team to organize
systems, processes and timelines to ensure agency communication and
fundraising practices are organized and implemented in a timely
manner. This includes fundraising database management, donor and
community communications, and fundraising campaign implementation.
The Development and Communications Manager also takes an active
role in developing and promoting written and visual content that
presents UVFC’s goals and objectives to key stakeholders, including
clients, staff, volunteers, donors, and the community at large.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Fundraising and Donor Relations
• Manage and maintain the accuracy of the UpValley Family Centers’
• Manage and maintain UVFC’s grant writing/reporting pipeline and
provide assistance as needed in writing grants/compiling necessary
• Lead the accurate processing of donations, including grants, and
ensuring that all gifts are acknowledged in a timely manner. Work
with Donor Engagement Coordinator to assure accurate and timely
donation processing as needed.
• Collaborate with Development Director to produce request letters,
pledge reminders, email blasts, and other donor and community
• Support the Development team in the creation and implementation
of all fundraising campaigns, including the annual Viva Napa Valley
• Collaborate with the Development team and UVFC Board external
committee to lead the administrative management of UVFC’s annual
online auction, VIVA! Napa Valley.
• Participate in the organization and implementation of donor
recognition and stewardship activities.
• Support other fundraising activities of the UVFC Board and Senior
staff as needed
Communications and Marketing
• In collaboration with the Development Director and Executive
Director, develop an annual agency communications calendar and plan
with goals for reaching key audiences through multiple channels and
outlets – including local press, digital media, and the UVFC
• Coordinate creation of all promotional material for UVFC
services, programs, and events – including banners, posters,
program flyers, and social media posts. Work with key staff or
consultants to ensure key materials are bilingual.
• Manage UVFC’s Facebook and Instagram pages, collaborating with
staff to create compelling and engaging content.
• Manage and maintain the UVFC website and event calendar
• In collaboration with Development Director and Executive
Director, develop donor-centric marketing materials for the agency,
including an annual report.
• Alongside Development Director, take a leading role on crafting
and drafting content for the agency – including press releases,
social media posts, newsletter articles, and more.
• Collaborate with the Development Director to create and implement
thoughtful social media components to all agency fundraising
• Create and publish UpValley Family Centers’ monthly staff
• Take a leading role in engaging staff in fundraising and
marketing activities for the agency.
• Participate in biweekly Development Team meetings.
• Contribute actively to creation and management of the Development
Department’s annual calendar.
• Participate actively in promoting the UpValley Family Centers’
visibility and key messages in the community, including through
community fundraising events.
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Generate enthusiasm and encourage participation among staff,
board members, donors, and volunteers in the UpValley Family
Centers’ programs, community events, and fundraising efforts.
• Establish and maintain an excellent working relationship with
staff, Board members, volunteers, and donors.
• Work independently and take initiative to continually improve
systems and processes.
• Effectively use digital media and communications best practices
to keep UpValley Family Centers top of mind within our
• Communicate effectively, respectfully, and persuasively with
staff, Board, volunteers, and donors.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual in
English and Spanish a plus.
• 2 or more years of experience with a proven track record of
success in fundraising, communications and marketing work.
• Understanding of/experience working in a nonprofit
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Experience with and skill in visual design strongly
• Knowledge of social media systems and best practices.
• Knowledge of wordpress.
• Desire to be part of an organization supporting individual and
family wellness and working towards solutions that address societal
• Valid Driver’s License, insurance or transportation
• Conduct fingerprint background check and TB test and receive
Hours of work:
Work hours will generally fall within normal business hours; though
attendance at certain standing meetings will be required,
scheduling of work hours can be flexible.
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to Cambria
Kirby, Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position open until filled. No phone calls please.
UpValley Family Centers is an equal opportunity employer.