The Director of Alumni Relations oversees all university alumni
engagement activity. This includes, but is
not limited to the Alumni Association, alumni
communities, alumni-related special events, Student Alumni
Association, and collaborative work with the annual fund and major
gift areas of University Advancement (UA). Facilitates efforts
to keep alumni engaged and involved with colleges, institutes, and
centers by supporting existing programs and creating new efforts
which support and promote alumni
giving, professional development, student achievement
(internships/job opportunities) as well as opportunities to
support college/institute/center programmatic and financial
- Collaborates with alumni leaders to oversee the Alumni
Assn./Partnership and manage the alumni awards/recognition of
service processes, as well as development and management of alumni
- Conceptualizes, creates, and manages development and
implementation of alumni communities.
- Directs the implementation of on-and off-campus events,
programs, and activities of varying sizes and scope to facilitate
greater awareness of University aspirations and to deepen
connections between UHCL stakeholders and each other.
- Collaborates with Deans and UA leadership regarding alumni
advisory boards and college-specific alumni/engagement
- Oversees alumni publications (newsletters, emails, website,
- Supervises and manages alumni relations team and provides
guidance to alumni volunteers.
- Develops, budgets, and implements annual alumni marketing and
- Develops and implements purposeful engagement opportunities for
University leaders including specifically the President, Vice
President for UA, and others as appropriate. Performs related
duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Humanities, Liberal Arts, Marketing
or Business Administration or related area.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience with alumni
relations leadership/management in a higher education or similar
- Two years of supervising experience.
- Certification or demonstrated experience as a
leader/mentor/active participant with the Council for Advancement
and Support for Education (CASE).
- Knowledge of alumni engagement and programming practices.
- Volunteer Management skills.
- Ability to migrate alumni from engagement to giving - moves
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills.
- Familiarity with alumni relations-related CRM platforms
(Blackboard, Tableau, etc.).
- Ability to lead/host in-person and virtual events/meetings
and to effectively manage with appropriate management
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, and collaborative
- Effective communication skills as a writer and
- Knowledge of fundraising and the role of alumni
relations in the fundraising process.
Master's degree with an advanced focus on leadership and
resolution of professional challenges.
Demonstrable success as an Associate Director or Director of
Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) and/or Council of Alumni
Association Executives (CAAE).
Experience supervising support staff such as coordinators,
volunteer boards or other administrative assistants related to the
Full-time position with benefits. Background check required. To
apply, please complete the online application and attach a resume
and a cover letter. Applications without the required documents
will be considered incomplete and disqualified.
University of Houston-Clear Lake is proud to be recognized by
the U.S. Department of the Interior as a member of the Minority
Serving Institutions Program. UHCL is an HSI: Hispanic Serving
Institution and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
supporting workplace diversity.