Data Analyst & Coordinator
University Advancement / Alumni Relations
University Advancement (UA) is here to advance the mission of
Bucknell University by engaging the Bucknell community. It is only
through the support of alumni, parents and friends - by opening
doors to career opportunities, engaging others to join the
conversation and community, and entrusting us with their
philanthropic commitments -- that we can further elevate Bucknell
as a leader in undergraduate education.
Our team is dedicated to this mission and unified by five
- Lead with Integrity
- Embrace a Collaborative and Inclusive Spirit
- Be Open and Receptive
- Nurture Creativity and Innovation
- Foster a Culture of Empowerment and Knowledge
These values also illustrate how we bring, as a division, the
University's strategic plan to life and exercise our commitment to
diversity, equity and inclusion on a daily basis.
Reporting to the Director, Annual Fund Marketing &
Participation, the Data Analyst & Coordinator is responsible
for data management and analysis of initiatives in support of the
University's annual giving, engagement and advancement efforts
including direct mail, email, social, digital, texting and student
calling. The incumbent will provide data files, run reports,
provide analysis on solicitation and engagement efforts, create and
maintain processes in the MarComm functional area (MarComm) of
Blackbaud CRM and provide recommendations on constituencies to
target. The position will work with the Marketing Strategy &
Outreach (MSO) team and other members of University Advancement to
leverage data insights and evaluate marketing campaigns and
outreach efforts, with the ultimate goal of increasing donor
participation, annual fund revenue and engagement.
- Under guidance of the Director,
Annual Fund Marketing & Participation, manages all aspects of
the Marketing & Communications functional area (MarComm) of
Blackbaud CRM including but not limited to: creation and set up of
appeals; creation of direct marketing efforts; creation and
management of current and new segments and selections for marketing
efforts; development and communication of processes; training of
users; and partnering with Advancement Information Services (AIS)
to continuously improve and optimize use of MarComm to achieve
- Provides data files for marketing efforts, ensuring files are
formatted and segmented appropriately for end-users.
- Synthesizes information and develops key findings that provide
results and drive strategy within the department by evaluating
giving performance trends and opportunities within specific
constituencies and segments to make actionable and evidence-based
recommendations. Prepares functional, visually appealing and
- Provides expertise in the constituent database and manages
communication-related data requests from UA and campus partners,
advising on timing, content and delivery methods. Works closely
with AIS to ensure communication-related data requests are
fulfilled accurately and timely.
- Proactively manages time-sensitive communications including
campus information or solicitations.
- Ensures proper integration with platforms and sub-systems,
including but not limited to EMMA, GiveCampus, ThankView,
VanillaSoft and Cvent.
- Manages constituent preferences, including creation, maintenance
and advising on appropriate coding.
- Under direction of MSO leadership, works closely with AIS to
develop, create and produce reports on financial, participation,
and programmatic progress. Reviews reports regularly to make
recommendations. Provides year over year comparisons and
- Partners with MSO leadership to execute stewardship and pledge
- Bachelor's degree
OR four years of experience in managing or working closely with a
- Blackbaud CRM experience a plus.
- Experience in nonprofit development and project management a
- Demonstrates analytical skills, preferably related to
- Strong computer, organizational and interpersonal skills as well
as the ability to prioritize the workload.
- Advanced written communications, use of presentation software,
analytical skills, collaboration, and project management
- Mid-level user skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- This position requires occasional evening and weekend work to
support UA's events including blocks of time for major events such
as Family Weekend, Reunion, and Homecoming, and other event support
as required. Staff should mark their calendars for major events and
events in their department. Exceptions require supervisory
This is a full-time, 12-month, 35-hour per week, non-exempt,
benefits eligible position.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/497021/data-analyst-coordinator