Healthy Communities Consulting (HCC) is recruiting a highly
experienced and accomplished Senior Development Associate with
expertise in grant writing and associated activities in the health
and human services field. This position
requires at least five years’ experience in developing grant
proposals and securing funding for health and human services sector
programs. Applicants that do not meet this requirement will
not be considered. This position will be remote and the Senior
Development Associate must be self-directed and
HCC is a boutique consulting firm specializing in grant writing
and other services for non-profit health and human service agencies
across the US. We provide a range of services to clients, including
prospecting, research, grant writing, program development,
evaluation plan development, evaluation and quality assurance,
budget development, grants submission, strategic planning, and
Duties will include:
- Grant writing: including identifying funder requirements,
conducting research and compiling data, and writing narrative
drafts using HCC grant templates.
- Completing grant submissions on various government and
foundation funder portals.
- Budget development: With input from client, develop budget
drafts and complete budget narratives/justifications that are
responsive to funder requirements.
- Compiling and communicating to clients requirements for funding
opportunities, including eligibility, allowable/unallowable costs,
attachment requirements, due dates, registration timelines,
- Communicating, collaborating, and coordinating with client
agencies to gather information for narratives and attachments,
- Registering clients with various online funder portals,
maintaining login credential information, and updating as
- Grants prospecting: including identifying potential funders
(government and private foundations), conducting weekly searches,
compiling information on funder priorities, deadlines, previously
funded grantees, etc.
- Data research: compiling and incorporating data for grant
applications by researching government and other websites.
- Demonstrated success and at least five years’ experience in
developing grant proposals and securing funding for health and
human services sector programs. Applicants that do not meet this
requirement will not be considered.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Must be a strong writer with demonstrated ability to develop
effective proposals, reports, or other materials.
- Understanding of social determinants of health and issues
facing marginalized populations (e.g., homelessness, HIV/AIDS,
substance use, and mental illness, among others)
- Ability to research and apply analytical skills to support
- Ability to develop financial models and budgets
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, including
facilitating project meetings to achieve stated goals
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands, work independently, and
To apply please, send a cover letter, resume/CV, and a writing
sample from a recent grant proposal to email@example.com.
Applicants that do not submit all 3 documents will not be