- EngenderHealth, Inc.
- District of Columbia, United States
- $160,000.00 - $170,000.00
- Closing date
- Jun 7, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Alumni Affairs, Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Direct Marketing, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Membership, Planned Giving, Prospect Research, Other Fundraising, Special Events, Programs, Program Administration and Management, Administrative, Other Administrative
- Advocacy, Community Development, Community Foundations, Environment, Health, International, Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights.
The Director of Philanthropy is responsible for developing and implementing EngenderHealth’s program of individual giving, including planned giving and family foundation gifts. The Director will set short-term goals and long-term strategies to support the organization’s growth and will lead the team to achieve those goals. The Director will steward, solicit, and grow the organization’s individual donor and family foundation relationships, manage a portfolio of major gift donors and prospects, and support the President & CEO, other Executive Team members, and board members in managing donor relationships.
The Director will set growth targets for small, mid-level, and major donors, as well as planned giving, and lead the achievement of those targets. They will support and supervise the small donor strategy, including the in-house and external mail, email, and online programs; they will also supervise the major gifts program and develop relationships with a portfolio of major/high potential donors. They will develop and implement the organization’s approaches to planned giving. They will design and lead key events to raise EngenderHealth’s profile among our donors and stakeholders, including an annual fundraiser and an awareness-raising event (virtual during the COVID-19 pandemic).
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director will work closely with the communications team, programmatic leadership around the world, all members of the Executive Team, and members of the Board of Directors. The Director, Philanthropy, manages a portfolio focused on unrestricted giving; that work complements and is coordinated with the work of the Business Development team, which oversees large institutional grants and awards. EngenderHealth currently raises about $2 million per year from individual donors, planned gifts, and family foundations, and the Director will grow that revenue over the next 3-5 years.
Must possess the following requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience leading organizational fundraising strategies and guiding teams/colleagues in implementing fundraising practices.
- Proven success in creating and implementing strategic face-to-face individual fundraising of 5- and 6-figure gifts (and preferably above).
- Proven success in managing annual giving, planned giving, direct mail programs, database management and screening, and gifts processing.
- Understanding of planned giving instruments and first-hand experience with garnering planned gifts.
- A Bachelor’s degree, with 10+ years of senior professional fundraising experience at a leadership level.
- Experience with strategic use of fundraising database software.
- Experience and drive to increase the visibility of the organization and our mission through exceptional communication.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
- Creative, responsible, and responsive strategist.
- Strong personnel management and supervisory skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A growth mindset.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, and FUNCTIONS:
- Some experience in raising funds from individual donors outside the U.S. preferred
- Experience planning engagement events.
- Experience working with a mission-driven organization and a global organization a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 15% of the time, as needed, domestically and internationally.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert