Development Director, Dominican Academy, a NYC Girls' Catholic Prep School
- Dominican Academy
- New York, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Jun 7, 2022
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Alumni Affairs, Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Direct Marketing, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Prospect Research, Special Events
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Development Director Position Description
Reports to: President
The Director of Development of Dominican Academy works with the President, Development Office staff and the Board of Trustees Development Committee, to plan, structure and implement a comprehensive development program. These elements include major gifts, grant writing, building the school’s endowment, annual appeal, alumnae engagement and special events.
Since 1897, Dominican Academy has been educating young women in the Catholic tradition of Saint Dominic, offering a rigorous academic program distinguished by a firm commitment to values of truth, integrity, prayer, community, and service. As a Catholic, college-preparatory high school sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Peace and located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, Dominican Academy challenges and empowers intelligent young women to become spiritual, intellectual, moral, and socially responsible leaders in a global society.
Manages daily operations for a comprehensive development program including the identification, cultivation, solicitation, maintenance and recognition of major gift donor prospects, and planned and annual giving donors.
- Implements development activities for foundation giving: grant writing, budget development, coordination of all funder contacts, and grant follow-up.
- Records all gifts and provides acknowledgements.
- Oversees writing, editing and production of development publications and social media in cooperation with the school’s communications staff e., quarterly newsletter, annual report, and annual appeals.
- Prepares reports for the Board of Trustees Development Committee and President and attends Board meetings as required.
- Directs the programming for alumnae engagement and plans all special
- Develops a long-range plan and annual goals for the Development Office and participates with the Board of Trustees Strategic Planning Committee to determine the short and long-term goals of the school.
- Prepares and manages the budget for the functions of the Development
- Supervises and evaluates Development Office personnel.
- Serves as the spokesperson for the school and its philanthropic efforts.
- Assumes and implements additional duties and responsibilities that may be given, from time to time, by the President and Board of Trustees.
- Ability to work collegially within a team of educational leaders and an active group of volunteers and Board of Trustees.
- Good listening
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge programs and other relevant computer systems.
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Able to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and meet
- Able to maintain confidentiality
A strong belief in Catholic Dominican education including the values of prayer, study, community, service and diversity.
- Knowledge of strategies and techniques for use in major gift donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methods to identify foundation prospects, ability in grant and proposal writing, and proven success in generating commitments from individuals and foundations.
- A high degree of professionalism and an ability to interact with a variety of individuals to significantly increase the visibility of the school.
- Familiarity with the types and uses of social media to connect with constituents.
- Ability to travel and to cultivate present and potential donors locally and nationally.
- Evening/weekend work is
Education and Experience
- A bachelor's degree
- Familiarity with Raiser's Edge is a plus
- CFRE certification preferred
- A minimum 3-5 years demonstrated successful fundraising experience
Please send a cover letter that expresses the qualities or experience you possess that make you fit for this position and a current resume that includes dates for all degrees, certifications and experience to:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of applications and interviews will take place immediately with the position filled shortly thereafter.
44 East 68th Street
New York, New York 10065
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert