The Music Center is one of the largest and most highly regarded
performing arts centers in the country. As L.A.’s premier
performing arts destination, The Music Center convenes artists,
communities, and ideas with the goal of deepening the cultural
lives of every resident in Los Angeles County. The non-profit
performing arts organization has two divisions: The Music Center
Arts (TMC Arts) and The Music Center Operations (TMC Ops). TMC
Arts, The Music Center’s programming engine, provides year-round
programming inside The Music Center’s four theatres, on Jerry Moss
Plaza, outside at Grand Park—a 12- acre adjacent green space—and in
schools and other locations all over Los Angeles County. TMC Arts
presents world-class dance with Glorya Kaufman Presents Dance at
The Music Center, free and low-cost public concerts and events, as
well as K–12 arts education programs. TMC Ops manages the theatres,
the Plaza and Grand Park on behalf of the County of Los Angeles.
The Music Center is also home to four renowned resident
companies—Center Theatre Group, Los Angeles Master Chorale, LA
Opera and LA Phil.
The Music Center currently has an immediate opening in the
Advancement department for a Project Management
The Project Management Specialist is an exciting
opportunity to partner with the SVP of Advancement in planning and
executing major fundraising initiatives. The role will provide
crucial project management for campaign feasibility and impact
studies, and for Advancement activities in celebration of The Music
Center’s upcoming 60th anniversary and other milestone events.
Working with the SVP of Advancement, the Project Management
Specialist will schedule and coordinate meetings, working
committees, cultivation events, and communications related to major
fundraising initiatives. The Project Management Specialist
will serve as a liaison to volunteers and executive leadership,
community and campus-wide representatives, and other important key
partners and stakeholders. Serving as a central information
resource, the Manager will update calendars and project
management boards to track and ensure the successful completion of
identified action items.
The Project Management Specialist will have project
management experience, strong communication and organizational
skills, and the ability to activate individuals and resources to
help realize aspirational Advancement goals. Candidates with
non-profit and/or arts experience and appreciation are
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the execution, monitoring, and tracking of
- Serve as an effective project manager to schedule and
coordinate meetings and tasks related to major Advancement
initiatives, including campaign feasibility and impact studies and
anniversary celebration efforts.
- Partner with the SVP for Advancement to staff a steering
committee. Liaise with committee members between meetings,
following up on open actions and providing additional resources as
- Support the design and production of case for support
materials, invitations, newsletters, presentations, reports, case
for support materials, and associated communications for campaign
- Manage the calendaring and logistics of internal and external
meetings with executives and other staff, board and committee
members, volunteers, community representatives, consultants, and
- Coordinate activities with consultants and vendors.
- Prepare/coordinate all campaign materials and correspondences:
files, lists, reports, meeting notifications, agendas, minutes, and
other follow-up materials promised at the meetings.
- Represent the SVP of Advancement in meetings, as needed.
- Update calendars and project management boards in an expedient
- Special projects as assigned by the SVP of Advancement
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated track record of success managing multiple projects
and collaborating with and coordinating multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of all aspects of fundraising. Five years or more of
Advancement or project management experience.
- Advanced project management skills and proven analytical,
critical thinking, problem-solving skills.
- Solid track record of strategic planning and implementation,
preferred experience in campaign management.
- Skilled collaborator who is able to inspire and leverage broad
support and participation in order to produce results.
- Outstanding communications skills and professional acumen to
establish and maintain good working relationships within all
organizational levels and with outside constituencies.
- Discretion, integrity, and independent judgment in managing
donor and community relationships.
- Ability to work independently, manage competing priorities, and
- Flexibility, creativity, and initiative required to create new
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other computer
software skills as required.
- Familiarity with Tessitura or other donor/customer management
software, as well as project management tools such as
- Commitment to Diversity, Engagement, and Inclusion in all
elements of work, including storytelling, communications content,
engagement strategies, and event speakers.
- An appreciation and understanding of The Music Center's
- Occasional travel and work on nights and weekends may be
- Non-profit and/or arts experience and appreciation
WORK WEEK SCHEDULE: Currently the Advancement
Department staff practice a hybrid weekly schedule, mostly
remote. However, at times will include early mornings, late
nights, weekends, and holidays.
The Music Center requires its employees to be vaccinated against
COVID-19, subject to certain exemptions as required by law. New
Hires working at The Music Center must be fully vaccinated no later
than 60 days after hire and until they are fully vaccinated will be
required to submit weekly proof of negatively laboratory COVID-19
test and submit to additional masking and social distancing
requirements. Please contact The Music Center Human Resources
Department for a copy of the vaccination policy. In addition,
effective January 17,2022, all employees of The Music Center who
are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 under The Music Center’s
COVID-19 Policy shall be required to timely obtain and show proof
that they have received a booster within the timeframe recommended
by the CDC.
SALARY: Salary range is
commensurate with experience this is a full-time exempt position;
compensation package includes health and welfare benefits, paid
vacation and sick days, and 401k Plan with employer
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume to
or fax to: (213) 972- 8029.
INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE