- Guides operational aspects for an advancement and alumni
engagement program in a school or unit.
- Develops plans and objectives to ensure success of the program,
while working with other departments and colleagues.
- Leverages relationships within the school or unit as well as
central service units to build mutually beneficial relationships,
improve communication and collaborative teamwork, and increase
campus understanding of advancement and alumni engagement
- Writes/creates briefings, reports, letters, and other materials
for the school/unit. Manages multiple projects supporting the
engagement or fundraising goals of the school/unit.
- Makes decisions on how data should be collected and routed for
updating reports in systems, and ensuring reporting is processed
- May provide administrative, event, or technical support.
- May administer budgets.
- May manage relationships and service agreements with outside
vendors and internal customers. Performs other related duties as
Additional Job Details:
- In addition to the duties outlined above, the Associate
Director may be required to: Partner in the development,
facilitation, or management of fundraising efforts, alumni
engagement, and program objectives.
- May include pipeline referrals and development,
alumni/constituent giving, and donor relations activity.
- Represent the department working with other departments across
- Lead projects, moves management, metrics, and data analysis for
- A bachelor's degree and three years of experience in an office
setting, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and
- Successful candidates will possess experience in project
management, working with various technologies including advanced
knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, database and
project management software, and CRM systems.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the
ability to work with ambiguity, and navigate a complex work
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
and possess the ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience managing projects, working independently as well as
collaboratively to achieve goals, with a commitment to delivering
excellent customer service.
- Prior experience in advancement, fundraising, alumni
engagement, non-profit, or a university setting.
- Flexibility to accommodate changing priorities and
- Possess a high level of professionalism and commitment to
confidentiality with sound judgment and discretion.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from
home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a
flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is
based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work. Emory
reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to