- Directs and implements strategies for identifying, cultivating,
and successfully soliciting individuals for gifts of $100K - $1M to
support education, patient care, and research programs for a
department, school, or unit. Solicits gifts of $100K - $1M in
support of the school/unit.
- Manages a portfolio of prospects through an active schedule of
solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship calls to donors and new
- Builds relationships among prospective donors, alumni, and
volunteers to support programs and priorities.
- Partners with faculty and administrators to align priorities of
the school/unit with donor goals/interests.
- Works with central advancement offices to ensure that potential
gift prospects are properly qualified, cultivated, and
- May coordinate or write/produce appropriate fundraising
materials including, but not limited to, case statements,
brochures, solicitation letters, gift proposals, appreciation
letters, donor reports, and campaign status reports.
- Maintains information on selected donors and prospects
including contact reports in CRM system. Communicates in ways that
are donor-centric, while furthering the mission of Emory.
- Travels to meet with donors as needed.
- May supervise staff.
- May manage a budget.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
- In addition to the duties outlined above, the Director may be
- Meet division metrics for visit preparation, qualification,
contact reports, visits, referrals, and accurate coding using the
- Represent the department, school/unit, division, or
- A bachelor's degree and five years of experience in higher
education, development, fundraising, healthcare, or equivalent
experience in a non-profit institution.
- Successful candidates will possess experience as lead
solicitor, closing gifts between $100K - $1M from prospects.
- Prior experience working with comprehensive campaigns, alumni
engagement, or in a university setting.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from
home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a
flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule
is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work.
Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice