Reports To: Executive Director, Sag Harbor Cinema
As Sag Harbor Cinema (SHC) approaches its one-year anniversary, The Director of Development (DoD) will work with an exceptionally dedicated and passionate leadership team as well as an engaged and committed Board of Directors and Advisors. This is a unique opportunity for a strategic and entrepreneurial development professional who brings enthusiasm, creativity, credibility, and passion to the mission.
The DoD is responsible for all areas of SHC fundraising including individual, foundation and corporate gifts, and special events. Working closely with the Executive Director, the DoD will be a thought and project lead in fundraising endeavors. They will advance and implement a strategy to increase support and build a stream of funding sources through the development of individual giving, corporate sponsorships, family engagement, cultural and special events, foundation grants and government support. The successful candidate should possess a track record for major donor cultivation, developing and nurturing relationships with the Board of Directors and key partners. The DoD will craft a compelling case for support through the appreciation of the moving image.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage all aspects of fundraising for SHC.
- Solicit and steward a portfolio of donors, especially individuals, who have the potential for increased giving to SHC.
- Identify new donors and create strategies for increased individual support.
- Create and implement an Annual Giving campaign.
- Establish a Planned Giving program for individual donors.
- Develop and grow a corporate sponsorship program.
- Organize and lead annual fundraising events.
- Manage donor cultivation events throughout the year.
- Oversee SHC donor database to ensure that gift recording and acknowledgements are done accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner.
- Draft and create donor acknowledgement materials, donor listings, letters, and other relevant development materials as needed.
- Work with Executive Director to cultivate and engage Board members with the work of SHC, including the production and execution of Board communications.
- Prepare materials in advance of Development Committee meetings, including an agenda.
- Work with SHC team members on wealth-screening projects, analyze results and integrate into prospect pipeline.
- Manage ongoing gift solicitation and stewardship to ensure deadlines for submission of proposals as well as interim reports.
- Provide timely updates on fundraising status throughout the fiscal year.
- Ensure weekly reports of gifts are provided to show up-to-date information on tracking against annual fundraising goals.
- Manage Development budgets, including tracking of expenses and requirements associated with revenue allocation and budgeting.
- Collaborate with SHC programming colleagues on fundraising potential based on program-related impact.
- Perform other position-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible fundraising experience in a non-profit organization, arts related is a plus.
- Excellent writing, analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent management skills and team building skills.
- Proven track record in cultivating and soliciting a portfolio of donors.
- Experience working in a comprehensive development operation.
- Experience with orchestrating special event fundraisers.
- Ability to manage, influence and inspire a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Successful experience working with volunteer leaders, board members and organizational leadership.
- Familiarity with grant writing, submission, and reporting a plus.
- Strong strategic, project management, organization, and administrative skills to lead a variety of projects and programs.
- Ability to perform with calm and grace under pressure in a poised and diplomatic manner.
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects at one time.
- This position works at the location in Sag Harbor, New York.
salary & BENEFITS
- $80.000-$100.000 (negotiable).
- Benefits include sick days, holidays, vacation days and health insurance available.
It is the policy of the Sag Harbor Cinema Arts Center to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, creed/religion, disability, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, familial status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, arrest and/or criminal conviction record, or any other category protected by law, unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.