Grant and Proposal Manager
- WEConnect International
- District of Columbia, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Jun 8, 2022
- Position Type
- Programs, Grant Administration, Program Administration and Management
- Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Organization Information: WEConnect International, a corporate-led global non-profit, helps women-owned businesses access and succeed in global value chains. WEConnect International has since 2009 provided business education, certification, and business connections to companies based outside the United Sates that are at least 51 percent owned, managed and controlled by one or more women. WEConnect International corporate members represent over $1 trillion in annual purchasing power and are true pioneers in inclusive sourcing and global supplier development. www.WEConnectInternational.org
Core Values and Culture: As we continue to grow our impact, WEConnect International will attract and hold accountable members, partners, staff and stakeholders based on these core values, which help to define our culture, brand and operational strategies.
- Embrace Diversity and Inclusion to Unleash Potential
- Demonstrate Passion for Women's Economic Empowerment
- Make a Positive Difference in the World
- Deliver Stakeholder Value
- Exemplify Integrity in Everything We Do
- Pursue Teamwork with a Shared Vision and Purpose
- Embrace Openness, Trust and Candid Communication
Job Overview: The Grant and Proposal Manager is a key member of the Business Development team focused on meeting fundraising goals through institutional, private, and public grant funding. The Grant and Proposal Manager is responsible for developing and submitting grant proposals, identifying new prospects through targeted grant research, completing required grant reports, and developing stewardship and outreach material that builds donor relationships. Additional responsibilities include providing support for fundraising and marketing events. The Grant and Proposal Manager must effectively communicate WEConnect International’s mission and values through compelling grant proposals, function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment and manage multiple priorities. Candidates who do not have experience with the Shipley Method will not be considered.
Job Responsibilities - Research and Business Development:
- Create work plans to support a pipeline of ongoing proposal research and submissions
- Conduct research to identify institutional and public prospects that expand WEConnect International’s grant portfolio and meets fundraising priorities
- Support the implementation of a record-keeping system to track research performed, prospects identified, funding secured and those disqualified
- Develop material and coordinate activities that support outreach to potential new funders
- Coordinate weekly and quarterly updates to internal reporting tracking tools utilized for grant submissions and reporting
Proposal Development and Reporting:
- Conduct client/prospect research to fully understand business
- Facilitate proposal planning call, determining preliminary assignments, and communicating final assignments
- Review RFPs for complete understanding of proposal submission requirements
- Develop and submit effective and compelling proposals for foundations, corporations, multilaterals, and government funding opportunities that clearly and persuasively describes service features and benefits and is geared toward readers' needs and knowledge level
- Coordinate definition of specific activities, outcomes, and metrics required for grant proposals with appropriate Business Operations and Program Managers
- Develop budgets to align with proposals
- Update program dashboards as needed to support reporting requirements
- Maintain accurate and consistent electronic and paper filing to support record-keeping requirements
- Maintain Salesforce data and reporting
Outreach and Donor Relations:
- Develop cultivation and stewardship materials for grant funders that promote WEConnect International’s mission and vision, provide program outcomes, and feature client stories
- Support and implement donor site visits and meetings, including preparation of media kits and presentation material
- Support donor recognition in coordination with the Communications and Events Department by assisting with content for social media, articles and blogs, invitations to events, and WEConnect International award nominations
- Undertake any other duties which may from time to time be required; this job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive but is issued as a general guideline to the main areas of responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, or an equivalent combination of skills training and experience. A minimum five years of research and proposal writing. Knowledge and experience with the Shipley approach to business development. Experience and knowledge of developing programmatic grant budgets, including detailed budgets, summary budgets, and budget narratives. Experience in managing relationships with donors.
Grant and Proposal Development Skills
Ability to develop creative and strategic initiatives, programs, and donor-funded activities which support organizational goals and objectives. Knowledge and command of mechanisms to track the grant application life cycle and support financial analytics and forecasting for the organization. Excellent research and writing capabilities. Excellent written communication and presentation skills in English; with the ability to deliver presentations to a wide variety of audiences, including potential donors. Ability to think strategically across layers of an organization and to develop nuanced reporting mechanisms. Willingness to continually build capacities and learn additional skills to improve organizational capacity.
Demonstrated effectiveness with interpersonal relationships, negotiation, and conflict resolution. Acts with integrity and maintains confidentiality in a professional manner. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; Ability to design and work within allotted budgets; Patience and communication skills to be able to address concerns and questions of various stakeholders
Microsoft 365, SharePoint, ability to work with PC/Laptop in a Dell based environment, knowledge of Salesforce software. Ability to utilize internet for research and data needs.
Comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work alone, as a part of a team, and to set and meet targets independently and to manage and deliver projects to timelines. A ‘self-starter’ with excellent motivational skills, enthusiasm, vision and a willingness to think big and encourage the team to develop approaches to overcome challenges. Sound judgment and good political skills and a flexible approach to work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
No phone calls, please. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the position.
WEConnect International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert