VP of Marketing & Growth
- Center for Economic Inclusion
- Minnesota, United States
- $140,000.00 - $155,000.00
- Closing date
- Jun 11, 2022
- Position Type
- Community Development
- Employment Type
- Full Time
OPEN POSITION: VP of Marketing & Growth
The VP of Marketing & Business Development is an accomplished leader with a demonstrated value for racial equity and inclusive growth and the ability to use that value to identify opportunities for business growth and create marketing strategies based on those opportunities to help ensure the Center’s long-term viability as we work to advance inclusive economic growth and close racial wealth gaps throughout the region.
ABOUT THE CENTER
The Center for Economic Inclusion (the Center) is in relentless pursuit of an economy that works for everyone. We work to close racial employment, income, and wealth gaps, and building racially inclusive and equitable regional economies, by equipping public- and private-sector leaders and employers with the knowledge and tools to build and scale anti-racist workplaces in shared accountability with Black, Indigenous, Latinx, and Asian people to close racial wealth gaps and build racially equitable and inclusive regional economies.
Founded in 2017, the Center is the nation’s first organization dedicated exclusively to strengthening public- and private-sector civic infrastructures and collective capacity to disrupt systems and influence market forces while advancing an inclusive economy.
The Center’s team is organized into six closely related departments to serve our clients, partners, and communities:
Innovation, Policy & Research
Employer Services & Consulting
Engagement & External Relations
Marketing & Business Development
HOW WE WORK & WHY YOU SHOULD WORK HERE
At the Center, we take pride in bringing our values to life and “walking the talk.” We are a diverse team in many ways, and we believe our diversity of thought and experiences makes us stronger and our work more innovative and responsive to the communities we serve.
We strive to maintain a collaborative work environment that also stimulates individual autonomy and accountability for performance goals and excellence. We invest in great talent, nurture it, and believe in the power of career pathways within the Center.
We look for talented individuals who exhibit our values, and we strive to cultivate an environment that harnesses the collective power of these values, traits, and the expertise that each team member brings in pursuit of our mission:
Humbly Confident Learners
In collaboration with the CEO, the Vice President of Marketing & Growth establishes and leads the execution of the Center’s marketing & business development strategy, which includes identifying target customers; establishing pricing; managing execution of marketing strategy; and refining our earned revenue model. This executive will leverage market analysis to guide business development and growth strategies and solutions and meet market demand and organizational goals. The VP will recruit and lead a newly structured Marketing & Business Development team and contribute toward the spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation at the Center. The successful candidate has experience developing a holistic vision and bridge between the wants and needs of prospects and the capabilities and capacities of the Center. This entrepreneurial leader will possess the skills to motivate employees, maximize opportunities, and mitigate risks of a growing enterprise committed to closing racial wealth gaps and creating inclusive regional economies, as we expand in the Center’s fifth year and beyond.
Strategy & Vision
- Lead the strategy, development and execution of marketing, advertising and business development solutions that position the Center as the trusted source for credible information and tools for employers and government agencies to build racially equitable and inclusive workplaces and inclusive economic growth
- Drive revenue through effective planning, solution building, marketing, lead generation and conversion goals across all products, services, and channels
- Develop and oversee market and research, analysis, and application to drive differentiation and responsive business development and service delivery
- Maintain brand standards and adherence to standards across the organization
- Build and drive accountability for measuring marketing and growth impact across consultancies, research, public policy, and strategic partnerships
- Provide direction and oversite the Center’s relationship management with prospects, clients, and partners, to increase prospect conversion rate, client satisfaction, and ROI.
- Partner as a member of the senior leadership team, contributing to organizational strategies and representing the priorities of the marketing and business development functions.
- Partner with Innovation, Consulting and Education teams to develop and manage the client journey and guide utilization of marketing analytics and insights to inform strategy and results
- Partner across the organization to leverage marketing, creative, public relations, events, narrative change, and positioning to drive scale and results
- Drive brand awareness by leveraging earned and paid media, the Center’s website, events, sponsorships, partnerships, engagement, and other channels in partnership with the Communications team
- Establish and manage the KPI’s including market and segmentation management, lead management, conversions, and more
Impact & Partnerships
- Leverage the time and effort of the Center’s CEO and Board, identifying and implementing ways to enlist and motivate them to facilitate prospect introductions, attend meetings, and participate in other business development activities as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to solicit input, and coordinate participation of team members across the Center in partnership activities that help the Center achieve traction.
- Represent the Center externally at conferences, meetings, and speaking engagements.
- Oversee the implementation of measurable integrated marketing strategies that will drive revenue goals and increase awareness in the markets the Center serves currently or plans to serve in the future. Lead and support staff to drive such opportunities from concept to execution.
- Work closely with the VP, Employer Services & Consulting to develop plans and strategies for client acquisition, service, and success.
Operations & Organizational Effectiveness
- Create an environment of accountability, motivation, professional growth, and high productivity.
- Actively promote and curate an organizational culture where all employees demonstrate our values to achieve excellence and sustained results.
- Create a center of marketing and business development excellence within the Center, setting priorities, service level expectations, quality control measures and internal performance feedback mechanisms.
- Manage, develop, and refine processes and procedures relating to the business development and marketing "infrastructure.” Ensure quality review and controls are in place.
- Manage systems and processes to track, measure and report business development and marketing initiatives.
- Lead, manage and drive accountability for team members (including *Director of Marketing & Business Development, Business Development Consultant, *Marketing Consultant, and *Graphic Design Consultant (*New role)) guiding and informing the strategy and solution design process and execution.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the mission, vision, and values of the Center for Economic Inclusion
- Demonstrated understanding, commitment, and application of racial equity and inclusion principles
- 10+ years demonstrated and progressively increasing experience in growth marketing
- Experienced analytical thinking and problem solving
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage several projects successfully while also managing day-to-day priorities
- Strong consultative, project management, organizational, research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent and persuasive oral, written, and visual communication skills, accomplished writer; experienced speaker
- Ability to develop ideas and partnerships with members of the team to support them in reaching the highest business development functionality.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, develop new strategies, and drive creativity and inventiveness within the organization’s business development and marketing strategies.
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to represent the organization passionately to potential partners, as well as listen and respond to the interests of a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong performance management skills, with the ability to foster a sense of team unity, accountability, and high performance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead end-to-end projects, managing a high volume of work with efficiency, and being able to execute effectively, shift priorities and solve problems creatively
- Must thrive in a diverse, high-paced, multi-faceted environment and be eager to contribute to a growing and evolving organization
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- The work of the Center changes as we continuously seek to have greater impact. Each member of the team must be adaptable to changes in job responsibilities as the nature of work changes to meet the demands of our environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, marketing, or a related field; Master’s degree highly preferred.
Reports to: Founder and CEO
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The Center for Economic Inclusion is an Equal Opportunity employer. We offer an inclusive, engaging, dynamic, and rewarding workplace; a competitive total compensation package; and an opportunity to contribute to one of the most meaningful issues of our regions’ future.
The starting salary range for this position is $140,000 - $155,000 and is complemented by a full suite of benefits including health, dental, vision, life, STD, and LTD insurance; mobile phone stipend, wellness, and transportation benefits; and paid time off and retirement savings match.
- Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com. This position is open until filled with applications screened weekly.
- The Subject Line should state: VP of Marketing & Growth. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No calls, please. Candidates whose profiles align with our needs will be contacted.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert