About Jericho Project
Jericho Project empowers individuals and families experiencing
homelessness or housing insecurity by providing housing and
person-centered services to address social inequities.
Jericho Project was founded in 1983 on the belief that every
homeless or at-risk individual can make transformational change
towards a better life. Jericho is a growing and dynamic nonprofit
supportive housing and services agency, which is dedicated to
recruiting and retaining highly qualified and motivated
Jericho provides nearly 550 units of supportive housing to
formerly homeless and at-risk individuals and families in Harlem
and the Bronx as well as case management, housing placement, and
employment services to hundreds more individuals, families, and
veterans. In total, Jericho serves over 3,000 individuals
About the Position
Jericho Project seeks a dynamic senior level leader with vision,
energy, and exceptional management and clinical skills. The CPO
will be expected to lead a dynamic team of professionals in
integrating innovative new services with existing programs that
serve individuals and families experiencing homelessness or who are
at-risk of homelessness. Passion, integrity, and a devotion to
community service are prerequisites.
The Chief Program Officer (CPO) will work closely with and
report directly to the CEO. The CPO will provide direct supervision
to senior program staff, including three Managing Program Directors
and their portfolios of permanent supportive housing and housing
Partner with the CEO and other members of the senior management
team to implement the strategic programmatic vision set forth in
the Strategic Plan and to fulfill the mission of Jericho Project.
The CPO will lead and manage the programmatic operations of Jericho
and ensure that the expectations of clients, staff, Board, funders,
partners, and other stakeholders are met.
· Provide leadership, support and direction to ensure that
programmatic goals and objectives are met in a timely, efficient,
and effective manner.
· Oversee the coordination and integration of all programs and
· Promote and create consistent training in Jericho’s adopted
evidence-based practices, including Housing First, Harm Reduction,
Motivational Interviewing, Critical Time Intervention, and
· Promote collaborative relationships within and between service
and operations areas to ensure that teams practice integrative
· Help lead the Board of Directors’ Program and Services
· Work with development and senior staff to determine responses
to requests for proposals or applications based on feasibility and
alignment with mission. Coordinate planning and activities
necessary for development of model and program designs in response
to RFPs and RFAs.
· Work closely with the Finance department to organize
programmatic operations to ensure sound fiscal and system
· Ensure Jericho Project utilizes trauma-informed strategies in
service delivery and staff development and evaluation.
· Ensure that intra-agency referrals are made in a seamless
Deepen existing and develop new performance and outcome measures
(with CEO and program staff) around substance use, housing
stability, employment, graduation rates, and other measures that
are core to Jericho’s mission.
· Develop an assessment protocol to determine feasibility and
sustainability of programs.
· Establish annual program goals and track results against these
· Deepen and implement outcome measures that lead to more
effective and efficient service delivery.
· Create short term and long-range strategies that include
clearly laid out goals and objectives; hold staff accountable for
· Analyze and assess programs based on data collected and course
correct when necessary.
· Complete the established in-service and onboarding staff
· In partnership with the CEO, implement Jericho’s Strategic
Plan and develop and implement other strategic initiatives as
directed by the Board of Directors.
· Monitor emerging needs among clients, industry trends, and
changes in government policy, recommending appropriate changes in
strategy or development of new programs.
Any candidate for this job must embrace the highest level of
personal and professional integrity. Professionalism, fairness, and
a deep commitment to the value of diversity and inclusiveness are
imperative. The ability to work in a complex environment, to
navigate successfully within it, to find common ground and build
consensus, and to strengthen collaboration at many levels are also
In addition, the ideal candidate will have the following
· An advanced degree in Social Work, Public Administration, or
related field. A clinical degree is strongly preferred.
· A minimum of 10 years of experience in a nonprofit setting
with at least 5 years in a supervisory capacity.
· Comprehensive working knowledge of program planning,
organizational structure, budgeting, administrative operations and
· Demonstrated ability to compile and report on outcome
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with
the ability to represent the organization before a broad range of
stakeholders and constituencies.
· A track record of providing strategic leadership, effective
program management and support.
· Proven success as a collaborative manager who can motivate and
develop effective teams.
· Experience designing and implementing effective staff training
programs, including motivational interviewing, trauma-informed
care, and other evidence-based models.
· Demonstrated ability to recognize new opportunities and to
manage innovation and culture change.
· Experience developing and managing operating budgets.
· Experience with applying for and implementing government
grants and contracts.
· Experience with developing programs in response to RFPs.
· Working knowledge of the technology used for program
The Jericho Project is committed to ensuring the safety of its
staff, interns, vendors and clients. As per the CDC guidelines'
full compliance, all new/incoming staff are required to be fully
vaccinated and possess the ability to provide documentation upon
their 1st day of hire.
To be fully vaccinated means:
1. 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series such as:
Pfizer or Moderna.
2. 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as: Johnson &
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with
salary requirements to:
Human Resources Department
Job Code: Chief Program Officer
245 W. 29th Street, Suite 902
New York, NY 10001
No Phone Calls Please.
Jericho Project is an equal opportunity employer that does
not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the
strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant