Director of Advancement
- Fayetteville Academy
- North Carolina, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Closing date
- Jun 15, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Prospect Research, Special Events
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Director of Advancement
Fayetteville Academy seeks a Director of Advancement to begin on July 1, 2022. The position is a 12-month, full-time position. The Director of Advancement at Fayetteville Academy serves as the chief advancement officer and is responsible for designing and implementing comprehensive institutional advancement programs with the goal of increasing constituent involvement and fundraising outcomes. The advancement role includes responsibility for annual fundraising efforts, corporate and foundation relations, major gifts and gift planning, endowment, capital campaigns, alumni and constituent relations efforts, stewardship, and advancement services. They are a member of the school’s Administrative Team reporting directly to the Head of School. The successful candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, with a relevant advanced degree preferred. They will also have outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills with an ability to relate well with constituents of all ages. Prior experience in an independent school setting will be considered a plus.
Fayetteville Academy has a tradition of academic excellence that began in 1970. The Academy is the only independent, non-sectarian, PK–12th grade, day school in Cumberland County, North Carolina. We provide a unique learning environment where children are encouraged to explore every opportunity, set and exceed expectations, and expand their knowledge base daily. A safe and caring atmosphere, small class sizes, and numerous extracurricular activities ensure that each child at the Academy receives a unique educational experience.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Melissa Intini at email@example.com. To learn more about the position of about Fayetteville Academy please visit our website at www.fayacademy.org.
Fayetteville Academy Does not discriminate when hiring on the basis of AGE, race, Religion, national or ethnic origin, GENDER, or Sexual Orientation. Fayetteville Academy welcomes all Employees to the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of any of the above qualities in the administration of any of its Employee programs or benefits.
The Director of Advancement at Fayetteville Academy serves as the chief advancement officer and is responsible for designing and implementing comprehensive institutional advancement programs and developing talented team members focused on the ultimate goal of increasing constituent involvement and fundraising outcomes. The advancement function includes responsibility for annual fundraising efforts, corporate and foundation relations, major gifts and gift planning, endowment, capital campaigns, and alumni and constituent relations efforts, stewardship, and advancement services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advance the mission, vision, and short and long-term goals of Fayetteville Academy in concert with the Head of School and the Administrative Team.
- Work closely with the Head of School in all phases of advancement and campaign leadership activities.
- Serve as a member of the Administrative Team and maintain close working relationships with members of the Board of Trustees and key alumni/parents/friends.
- Maintain a portfolio of high-net-worth individuals and secure major, capital, and planned gifts, as well as advanced annual gifts and endowment support.
- Participate in strategic discussions and develop programs to strengthen the financial resources of the school.
- Create and execute fundraising plans that utilize best practices in annual, major, and planned gift programs to meet fundraising goals.
- Ensure dynamic processes in all phases of donor qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Prepare for all capital campaigns through comprehensive and effective campaign planning and execution.
- Train, inspire and guide advancement volunteers toward accountable, goal-oriented outcomes.
- Develop annual plans and budgets for Parent Relations, Annual Fundraising, Gift Planning, Comprehensive Campaigns, Major Gifts, Grants Development, Stewardship and Advancement Services.
- Engage school and enhance the culture of philanthropy.
- Serve as the staff liaison for Advancement to the Board of Trustees and the Board Committee on Advancement
- Provide leadership to constituent relations programs in the areas of alumni relations, parent relations, and other key constituent relations.
- Devise and implement effective internal and external messaging and methods of advancement communication in conjunction with the director of communications and alumni relations.
- Serve as an exemplary school advocate in the community, with local leaders, business and corporate partnerships, and other leaders, and build relationships that closely link the community with the school.
- Be active and involved in the advancement profession and keep Fayetteville Academy visible among secondary education peer institutions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A record of leadership and accomplishment in advancement with a proven track record of fundraising success, especially with lead generation, campaign planning/execution, grant-writing and in major gift solicitations.
- Strong organizational, supervisory, and leadership capabilities are required.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to affect favorably sophisticated volunteers and donors.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and master’s degree is preferred.
- The ability to work effectively with many diverse constituencies in a school environment should be evident.
- Other important characteristics include a strong work ethic, competitive nature, personal integrity, emotional intelligence, a sense of humor, excellent communication skills, and strategic thinking and planning skills.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert