The Role: The Web Administrator will
update content and build pages and posts on the organization’s
website using WordPress and help improve content SEO and site
usability. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent
skills using WordPress Block Editor, attention to detail, and a
proven ability to multitask and manage numerous projects and
The Web Administrator will be based in New York City in a hybrid
working model. Covid-19 vaccination is required for all US-based
employees of the Center.
- Update website content under tight deadlines using WordPress
- Build new website pages and posts using WordPress Block
- Review content and links for accuracy and consistency.
- Work closely with the Center’s Senior Writer/ Editor to upload
and optimize new website content for optimal visibility and user
- Partner with the Center’s Digital Director to identify new
amplification, traffic and conversion opportunities across the
Center for Reproductive Rights website.
- Review and enhance content and tagging to improve SEO.
- Review usability of site, resolve issues, and recommend
- Site troubleshooting and basic maintenance.
- Develop procedures and help develop a user manual for updating
and managing web content.
- Review and maintain the WordPress media library.
- Identifies useful site performance metrics; collects, tracks,
records, compiles, analyzes, and reports site usage data.
- Conducts user testing and use analysis to assess usability and
effectiveness of site; recommends improvements based on
- Center principles of equity, inclusion, and belonging in all
work, embedding the values in deliverable ideation, development,
and organizational practices and processes
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission
- Experience with HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, CSS, and Google
Analytics and Search Console.
- Thorough understanding of website design and
- Fluency in software tools and search engines
- Experience in updating Website content using WordPress Block
- Experience working with web designers and developers.
- Demonstrated expertise in SEO.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
and work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and proofreading skills and attention
- Balances extremely tight turnaround projects with long-lead
work, ensuring that projects are on track and that supervisor and
other staff are regularly updated about the status of
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Global non-profit experience a plus.
- Writing and editing skills are a plus.