The Advancement Data Administrator/Analyst is responsible for
developing and maintaining the integrity of the database and
ancillary systems to improve operations, provide solutions, and
drive decisions to meet current and future fundraising needs.
Provide reporting and analytics to inform Advancement
- Initiate and lead projects related to the analysis of prospect
and donor data, and provide conclusions, recommendations, and
information to inform data-driven decisions
- Deliver value-added information and analysis that supports
fundraising efforts by developing and implementing analytic data
models and providing reports on metrics and deliverables
Produce reports, lists, and import and export files:
- Produce, analyze, and maintain a suite of reports and lists
that provide insights into performance and trends in fundraising
- Develop custom lists and reports for ROI on appeals, campaigns,
mailings, event invitations, ad hoc queries, and other reports as
may be requested by leadership and end users
- Create, analyze, and distribute research reports on various
advancement areas such as giving, prospect management, annual
campaigns, alumni giving, contact reports, constituent giving,
appeal giving, among others
Maintain integrity of database and ancillary systems:
- Implement and maintain data entry controls and audits to ensure
- Develop and apply policies and procedures regarding information
technology, data privacy and security, and database management
- Assist in imports and data sharing with other software
packages, such as payment processors, research tools, and marketing
and communications applications
- Review acknowledgment and renewal processes for efficiency
Provide technical support and improve operations process:
- Act as liaison between external platform support, IT, and the
Web teams to ensure system integrity, troubleshoot technical issues
and manage upgrades; advocate for system functions that meet
Advancement goals and latest industry standards
- Proactively assess and identify on-going technology needs to
recommend and implement process improvements
- Provide appropriate service, support, training, and advice to
end users regarding the capabilities and functions of constituent
management software products and assist in ensuring procedures are
accurately documented and available for reference.
- Provide backup support for gift processing as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and/or the equivalent training and three
years related work experience involving data management, analysis,
- Experience in a higher education or large non-profit
- Minimum three (3) years of experience providing implementation
and functional support of Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge, or similar
- Ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, proactive, efficient, and
- Working knowledge of relational database architectures.
- Strong knowledge of higher education fundraising principles and
- Strong analytical skills and ability to creatively solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration
- Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability
to work independently while working in a team-oriented
- Exceptionally detail-oriented and organized with ability to
meet deadlines and maintain accuracy.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel,
Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) comfortable working in an IOS-based (Mac
- Ability and desire to learn new analytical techniques and
reporting tools and an innovative nature.
The Advancement Data Administrator/Analyst performs all duties
and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the
Manager of Advancement Operations.
AFI requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for all
employees, subject to limited, legally required exceptions. Proof
of vaccination, or documentation supporting an exception to this
policy, will be required prior to employment.