The Regional Director is responsible for overseeing the
strategic growth and successful operation of the Lupus Foundation
of America’s Southern California Region. The Regional
Director plays a critical role in the development of the Region and
will be responsible for overall regional growth strategies
including revenue generation, high-level volunteer leadership
development, donor cultivation and stewardship and enhanced
constituent engagement. This position is responsible for
leading all fundraising and development activities to ensure
growth, impact and successful achievement of Region success
The Regional Director reports to the Vice President, Network
Development and collaborates with all members of the Lupus
Foundation of America Executive Team as applicable.
Roles and responsibilities of the Regional Director include, but
are not limited to:
- Accountable for achieving assigned regional budget, creating
outcomes that will enable the region to meet/exceed budget
- Develop and grow network of volunteer leadership with a focus
on creation of a high-impact volunteer Leadership Council.
- Establish a culture of high performance and accountability
while serving and engaging LFA constituents and stakeholders with a
special emphasis on donor and leadership development; corporate
engagement; volunteer engagement, and accountability.
- Work to cultivate relationships for individual giving within
the region and maintain a portfolio of donors and prospects;
partner with the LFA Development Department as needed for support
- Identify and foster high-impact corporate relationships both
local and national in scope.
- In consultation with the Care, Support & Services &
Research Departments, provide appropriate constituent education and
community engagement opportunities.
- In partnership with all LFA departments, ensure the region
staff and volunteer leadership integrate government relations,
marketing, public relations, community outreach, communication, and
media relation programs within their market’s overall development
- Monitor P&L and partner with the national office to assess
the region's annual and monthly budgets, cash flow, and to ensure
accurate financial forecasts.
- Identify market potential and high potential growth areas.
Provide assessment of market areas including income trends,
demographics, ROI and potential for income, and leadership
- Ensure that sound budgetary, financial management, and other
systems and procedures are efficient and reflect the region's
overall development operation.
- Serve as an integral member of the Network Development
- An experienced fund-raising professional with a minimum 10
years experience in successful revenue generation and volunteer
engagement with a proven track record of exceeding fundraising
- Broad based fundraising knowledge, experience and skill in
nonprofit management with emphasis on strategic planning,
leadership, financial management, and market development.
- Superior relationship development skills.
- Ability to motivate staff and volunteers.
- Experience managing staff and volunteers and comfortable
communicating performance expectations and holding staff
accountable to performance objectives.
- Exceptional management, leadership, and team-building skills,
especially in financial and donor management.
- Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a
fast-paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can
meet deadlines under pressure.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills. Demonstrate
competency when handling diversified assignments.
- Team player with the ability to interface with all levels of
staff and volunteers. Strong capability to leverage relationships
and negotiate agreements.
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills. Ability for
strong presentation delivery, conveying ideas, and instructing
- Superior active listening, observation, analytical, and problem
recognition and solving skills.
- Ability to work and make judgments independently and take
- Well-disciplined and a self-starter that is extremely
- Minimum – Bachelor’s degree required