Director of Marketing and Communications
- Career Technical Educational Foundation Sonoma County
- California, United States
- $75,000.00 - $85,000.00
- Closing date
- Jun 17, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund, Direct Marketing, Special Events, Programs, Grant Making, Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- Community Development, Education, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Director of Marketing & Communications (DMC) drives the strategy to communicate the impact of Career Technical Education (CTE) Foundation’s mission to innovate the education-to-career experience to strengthen economic development and student success through creative storytelling, marketing and communications.
We have a commitment to diversity at CTE Foundation — in backgrounds and in experiences. We need people from all backgrounds to help innovate our education system and ensure equitable access to quality, career-connected learning experiences. We are deliberate about the kind of team and culture that we are building, seeking team members that are strong in their own aptitudes and also share CTE Foundation values of equity, empowerment, engagement, experience and entrepreneurship.
Reporting to the Vice President of Impact & Investments, the DMC leads the development and execution of the organization’s communications and marketing plan to increase visibility of career technical education generally and of CTE Foundation’s investments. Working closely with executive staff to identify new opportunities and to activate strategies, the DMC works to position CTE Foundation as an innovative leader and collaborator in the delivery of high-quality education and workforce development initiatives.
The DMC is responsible for publicizing impact and information relevant to student experience, donors, industry, education, community and other stakeholder groups, with the ultimate goal of generating new partnerships and revenue streams in support of career technical education and CTE Foundation programs. In addition to managing day-to-day marketing activities, the DMC also supports CTE Foundation in managing major events and corporate sponsorship programs.
- Develop and implement an annual integrated strategic marketing/communications plan to broaden awareness of career technical education in Sonoma County and CTE Foundation’s mission, programs and priorities to increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences.
- Elevate the organization’s visibility, presence and brand identity by leveraging all communication touchpoints: print, web, social media and external relations.
- Oversee the development, design, distribution, and maintenance of high-quality print and digital collateral including, but not limited to website, annual report, flyers, brochures, presentations, newsletters, videos and social media posts.
- Collaborate with program staff to develop program messaging and review externally facing collateral (print and digital) to ensure branding and messaging are aligned and effective.
- Gather student stories and testimonials (written, verbal and video) to effectively communicate the organization’s impact to stakeholders.
- Develop and nurture media contacts to promote the work of the Foundation to the community, write press releases and editorials, cultivate opportunities for earned media.
- Develop and manage annual marketing and events budgets.
- Manage consultants and contractors providing creative services and supplies, including contract negotiation and vendor selection.
- Track and report on all marketing activity and outcomes to Board of Directors and its Committees as requested.
- Support exec staff on strategies to expand stakeholder engagement and fundraising opportunities.
- Attend relevant community events and cultivate speaking opportunities to deepen local networks, engage new donors, and expand community presence.
- Produce and oversee major CTE Foundation fundraising and stewardship events.
- Support program staff with program related events as needed.
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging and marketing and communications strategy are infused in all organizational efforts (overall agency, programming, development).
- Oversee development and execution of relevant policies and procedures to effectively manage CTE Foundation brand communication internally and externally.
- Collaborate with Director of Resource Development to develop the communication strategy for online, peer to peer and small donor acquisition programs.
- In partnership with staff, ensure corporate sponsorships are secured to meet budget goals.
- Support executive staff in the review of grant applications, funding proposals and commensurate activity reports for granting organizations and donors.
Board and Volunteer Relations
- Attend CTE Foundation Board Meetings and committee meetings as appropriate.
- Engage the Board Fund Development Committee and Board of Directors in initiatives that drive communication of Foundation initiatives and successes, solicit funding, develop corporate partnerships, and elevate annual campaign drives.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in communications, business or marketing desired, and/or equivalent experience (3+ years preferred) demonstrating excellence in marketing and communications for a nonprofit organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to gracefully handle rejection and bounce back assuring goals are met.
- Graphic design experience creating and managing the development of social media posts/ads, brochures, flyers and other materials.
- Demonstrated success in and understanding of social media (bonus for experience with nonprofits) and fundraising principles and donor acquisition strategies.
- Working mastery of computer programs including: Microsoft Suite (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook), and Adobe Creative Suite or other design program; experience with WordPress preferred.
- Detail oriented, adaptable, organized with demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Bilingual Spanish desired.
- Embraces change and promotes a culture grounded in adaptability.
- Shares CTEF values grounded in ensuring student equity, engagement, entrepreneurism, empowerment and experience.
- High energy, outgoing, team player with a passion for CTE Foundation mission is essential.
- Upbeat, “can-do” demeanor; ability to project empathy and compassion when engaging stakeholders
Salary & Benefits:
- Full -time exempt; Salary range $75,000-$85,000 per year based on experience
- Employee sponsored medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible work schedule and work from home options (main office located in Santa Rosa, Calif.)
- Generous paid time off benefits: 11 holidays, 5 days sick time, 10 days accrued vacation with step up for years of service and 2 personal floating holidays per year (vacation accrual rates commensurate with years of service)
- CTEF is committed to a workplace culture that supports individual and team development to include employee and workplace wellbeing opportunities.
Desired start date: ASAP. Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert