The Grants and Community Partners Manager is responsible for
developing strategies and departmental plans to ensure that all
aspects of government, foundation and corporate grant writing,
stewardship and long-term grants planning are effectively and
Responsibility lies with the Manager for writing the majority of
the grants for Peninsula Family Service, as well as for providing
excellent stewardship to foundation and community partners
including writing reports and strategizing the best engagement
opportunities for each funder. The role includes building,
strengthening, and sustaining effective working relationships with
key stakeholders, including staff, current and prospective funders,
community partners, board, and volunteers.
The person in this role is also responsible for providing
excellent stewardship of all corporate, foundation and governmental
funders within this portfolio. This stewardship includes
making certain that all funders are receiving the recognition
opportunities offered through the PFS Corporate and Community
Partner Program. Funders at each level of support receive the
benefits they identify within the opportunities at their giving
This position also works with the Program Analyst for Evaluation
and Learning, in particular to ensure the correct demographics and
program results are tracked and reported to funders.
Peninsula Family Service is a leading nonprofit in developing
effective systems to track data and demographics for reporting
purposes and to improve our programs. We are blazing new
trails in this area, which is both exciting and of great benefit to
the person in this role related to reporting to funders.
The position is a key member of the organization’s Advancement
Team and is responsible for increasing the effectiveness and
outcomes related to grants and other Advancement activities of the
team. The role also involves extensive interaction with
program officers and other staff across Peninsula Family
The Manager will maintain current knowledge and information on
social issues, trends in program delivery, and relevant community
needs. The Manager will also utilize the online Grants
Research software utilized by Peninsula Family Service.
Active demonstration of Peninsula Family Services’ values is
expected of every staff member. All of our work is based on
our commitment to Integrity, Respect, Compassion, Diversity,
Teamwork and Adaptability.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Vice President of
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all Peninsula Family Service grant efforts, including
writing, approval and oversight of all grant applications to
corporate, foundation, and government entities, including those
developed by program staff.
- Oversee all cultivation efforts, including coordination of site
visits, conference calls, writing and delivery of all grants, and
- Oversee full stewardship program for foundations and other
corporate and community partners, including delivery of benefits of
being a corporate and community partner, thoughtful engagement and
stewardship for each partner, and involvement of the CEO, VP of
Advancement and program officers in meetings with and stewardship
of funders as appropriate.
- Manage the master calendar of grant submissions (both new and
recurring) and funder reporting throughout the year.
- Coordinate with VP of Advancement, Board and other volunteers,
as appropriate, to identify “links” to foundation and corporate
sources and to enhance solicitation activities.
- Ensure grant effort aligns with overall PFS’ 2018-2022
Strategic Plan, goals, objectives and tactics.
Apply Evaluation and Outcomes:
- Peninsula Family Service has prioritized a commitment to robust
evaluation and data tracking for all programs, which are very
valuable in reporting to funders.
- Work with Program Analyst for Evaluation and Learning, Program
Staff, Advancement Team and Executive Team to utilize and give
feedback to accountability and evaluation tools, including Logic
Models, evaluation systems, and the instruments used to capture
- Provide input related to funder reporting requirements related
to the PFS Social Solutions’ Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) in a
- Work with Program Analyst for Evaluation and Learning to
develop demographics for Peninsula Family Service annually.
- As our work with ETO continues to grow, there will be other
opportunities for involvement as appropriate.
- BA degree and a minimum of 4+ year’s related experience fund
raising, grant research and writing or equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Direct experience in grant-writing. Excellent writing
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and the process of
institutional grant seeking, including methods and resources for
grant research. Ability to manage all aspects of the proposal
- Knowledge and awareness of current community needs and
- Strong experience in stewardship of corporate, foundation and
other community partner relationships to ensure recurring funding
support from all entities
- Experience as part of team involved in organization-wide or
capital campaign preferred