FADICA, a leading network of foundations and
philanthropists committed to a vital Catholic Church and the common
good, seeks candidates who desire to make an impact in faith-based
philanthropy through effective communications and engagement.
FADICA's mission is to enable its members to be informed, involved,
and effective in addressing church and societal needs through their
FADICA seeks a highly motivated and team-oriented
Communications Director who is a self-starter and
who can implement creative and effective communications and
marketing strategies. The ideal candidate has a track record of
driving a successful communications effort in an entrepreneurial
environment, in support of an organization’s goals and growth.
FADICA is in the midst of an exciting strategic growth period, and
the Communications Director is a critical role that will contribute
to the organization’s impact on the Catholic Church in the world.
The Director will plan, create, and grow communications to both
internal and external constituents, including member foundations
and philanthropists, Church leaders, nonprofit stakeholders and
partners, and the media.
Communications Planning & Strategy
- Develop communication strategies to enhance membership growth,
engagement, and satisfaction to meet FADICAs’ mission, vision, and
values and to serve its members.
- Drive strategic communications to engage, invite, and attract
members and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with relevant team members to develop new ideas and
strategies for marketing and communications efforts.
- Maintain and use data and analytics to inform strategies and
- Write and curate content for internal communications to
members, including quarterly newsletter, working group updates and
- Draft and create content for the FADICA Member website in
collaboration with VP, Philanthropy services.
- Provide strategic oversight and execution of external
partnership growth and engagement.
- Design and implement communications to external partners and
- Curate and optimize FADICA’s public website content and social
media accounts to communicate FADICA’s mission, initiatives, and
- Amplify the impact of the organization and its members through
the creation of communications content (e.g., press releases,
infographics, briefs, etc.).
- Support marketing strategies of the online Catholic Funding Guide
(a signature online resource sponsored by FADICA), especially with
consideration for integrated communications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
While no one candidate will embody all the qualifications
enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the
following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and
- Associate Degree / Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in communications and/or marketing,
preferably for a nonprofit, philanthropic or membership
- Excellent communication and professional writing skills are
- Strong conceptual thinking and writing to narrate key concepts
in ways that will be digestible and relevant for many
- Experience in using a wide range of communications tools and
channels, including various social media platforms, blogs, video,
- Desire for continuous growth and innovation and positive
attitude towards a collaborative team culture.
- Aptitude for applying data to drive communications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook, and SharePoint), and the ability to learn additional
programs as needed.
- Meticulous attention to detail, an entrepreneurial mentality,
self-starting work ethic, and a flexible resourcefulness.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to
manage multiple projects/priorities. Strong analytical and
strategic thinking skills.
- Support for overall organizational strategic goals and
commitment to furthering the mission of FADICA.
- Comfort working within the Catholic faith tradition and
- Understanding of or interest in the Catholic social tradition
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
FADICA offers a competitive annual salary commensurate with
experience and expertise with a target range of $75,000 - $90,000,
and a benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision,
life/disability insurance, an employer sponsored and matched 403(b)
plan, and generous paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Location: Washington DC with opportunity
for remote work
Anticipated Start Date: Spring/Summer
More information about FADICA may be found at:
This search is being led by Allison
Kupfer Poteet and Carmela Morales of NPAG. Due to the pace of this search,
candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Candidates may submit their cover letter, outlining their interest
and qualifications, along with their resume via NPAG’s website.
FADICA is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity, equity, and fostering inclusion and a sense of