AGENCY RELATIONS MANAGER
$2,000.00 Sign-On Bonus****
Worcester County Food Bank (WCFB) believes that healthy food is
a fundamental right of all people, that hunger is a solvable
problem and an issue of social justice. WCFB’s mission is to
engage, educate, and lead Worcester County in creating a
hunger-free community. To that end, WCFB annually collects
donations of perishable and nonperishable food and distributes it
through a network of Partner Agencies, including food pantries,
community meal programs, and shelters; trains Partner Agencies in
food safety; and advocates for systemic and sustainable solutions
to the problem of food insecurity. WCFB is deemed to provide
essential services to the community in times of emergencies.
The Agency Relations Manager is responsible for managing
communications, resources i.e., training, and services in support
of WCFB’s Network of Partner Agencies. This is a full-time,
exempt position reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
This position is designated
essential to WCFB’s operations.
Management of Agency Relations Priorities and Activities
- Work closely with Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Warehouse
and Facility Manager to ensure optimal customer service and food
distribution to Partner Agencies and their ability to support their
- Provide support for WCFB’s strategic goals and priorities
- Engage and support Partner Agencies in the development of a
- Identify opportunities for partnership in areas of high
- Lead the process for annual allocations of MEFAP food,
Thanksgiving turkeys, and other food
Management and Supervision of Agency Relations Coordinator
- Support Agency Relations Coordinator through the process of
onboarding new Partner Agencies, planning and implementation of
Hunger Free Network Meetings (twice annually) and scheduling and
implementation of regular & periodic trainings.
- Actively participate with Agency Relations Coordinator in all
aspects of Agency Relations work to:
- Ensure that all Partner Agency records are well maintained,
routinely reviewed and updated
- Ensure Partner Agency compliance with the WCFB Partnership
Agreement, food safety standards, USDA/TEFAP, MEFAP, or other
- Ensure that all monitoring of Partner Agencies is complete,
accurate, well-documented, and accomplished on time
- Ensure that corrective action is managed appropriately
- Ensure that Partner Agency data is actively monitored
Liaise with Partner Agencies
- Act as one of two primary points of contact between all Partner
Agencies and WCFB.
- Responsible for periodic as well as special communications to
Partner Agencies, including e-newsletters, email, phone, and
The ideal candidate will have:
Combination of education and nonprofit management experience
including effective supervision and project management.
- Commitment to WCFB’s mission.
- Commitment to prioritizing equity, diversity, and inclusion and
integrating it throughout agency relations.
- Leadership ability and effective communication skills.
Bilingual skills are recognized as an asset.
- Commitment to a flexible work schedule to meet the
organizational needs of WCFB and Agency Relations Team.
- Friendly, professional, and organized with excellent customer
- Practical thinker and problem-solver.
- Demonstrated success in managing resources and services for an
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to changing
circumstance and priorities.
- ServSafe Certification (WCFB provides training)
- Experience with a food pantry or community meal program.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as
- Solid knowledge of various computer applications including but
not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and database systems.
- Willingness to travel locally, regionally, and nationally as
needed for meetings, conferences, etc. Reliable transportation and
good driving record required. A WCFB vehicle for work-related
business is shared by staff.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Scale: Annual Salary
How to Apply: A formal cover letter is
required for consideration.
- Online at Chronicle of Philanthropy;
- Mail cover letter and résumé to Worcester County Food Bank,
Attn: Lara Greene, 474 Boston Turnpike, Shrewsbury, MA 01545.
- E-mail HR@foodbank.org
(subject line: “Agency Relations
WCFB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants
will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to
race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
genetic data, religion, or other legally protected
status. We strongly
encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ +
individuals, people with disabilities, and people living with
or have experience of poverty to apply.