The Alliance for Children’s Rights is seeking a dedicated
individual to join our Development/Communications Team as the Donor
Services Coordinator, in a non-exempt position.
The Donor Services Coordinator is an integral member of the
Development/Communications Team and plays a key role in providing
administrative and logistical support to advance fundraising and
the mission of the Alliance for Children’s Rights. The position
organizes and implements fundraising support activities, including
maintenance of the donor database systems; processing all gift
revenues; logging gifts and coding gift records; providing
historical giving, queries, and reports in support of fundraising
goals and objects; and the prompt processing and filing of donor
The position reports to and directly supports the Manager
of Major Gifts and Events while also providing team-wide support of
substantial fundraising initiatives, including special
The Donor Services Coordinator must be detail-oriented, possess
strong organizational and communication skills, and be able to
manage multiple projects simultaneously. They should be a positive
and supportive team player and collaborator. The position requires
a high level of computer competence and the ability to work with
the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) effectively.
ABOUT THE ALLIANCE: The Alliance for
Children's Rights is a nonprofit organization that provides free
holistic legal services and advocacy to youth and families impacted
by child welfare and juvenile justice systems in Los Angeles
County, and works to enact policy changes statewide. Our lawyers,
advocates, and social workers, together with hundreds of pro bono
attorneys and community volunteers, work to ensure that those we
serve have the tools to overcome barriers to stability and success,
and access to the education, healthcare, and financial supports
that they need. Since 1992, we have helped over 150,000 children.
For more information visit: www.allianceforchildrensrights.org.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT/COMMUNICATIONS TEAM: The
Alliance is funded by philanthropic giving from individuals,
foundations, corporations, and other sources. This team leads and
manages all the fundraising programs and raises awareness and
engagement with our mission.
WHAT YOUR IMPACT WILL BE
- Enters all gifts, pledges, pledge payments, and other financial
transactions in the Raiser’s Edge database with timeliness,
accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Processes payment types including checks, cash, credit cards,
wire transfers, stock, payroll deductions, matching gifts, in-kind
donations, and internal transfers.
- Reconciles all entries with daily transmittals and prepares
them for daily deposit.
- Ensures that contributions are entered according to donor
designation, including the addition of gift solicitor, soft
credits, and other information vital for recognition and
- Manages third-party integrations with Raiser’s Edge, including
with Classy via ImportOmatic.
- Prepares daily gift report and certain monthly reports as
defined by the Chief Development Officer (CDO)
- Generates reports and materials needed for the financial
statements, the annual audit, and monthly reconciliation reports to
- Works with Controller and Senior Development Coordinator on
reconciliation. Ensures that all transactions received are recorded
and adjusts gift records as needed to balance with Finance at the
end of each month.
- Responsible for the process of preparing gift receipts and
acknowledgements, donor tax receipts, tribute cards, invoices and
pledge reminders, and other gift related correspondence including
acquiring proper signatures, printing letters, preparing envelopes,
inserting, and mailing
- Provides exceptional customer service to donors regarding
receipt reprints, donation and refund requests, and other
Donor Database Coordination
- Follows database system standard operating procedures, business
rules, protocols, and user manuals.
- Works closely with the Development Team to ensure data
- Assists in regular database maintenance duties such as removing
duplicate entries, making corrections, and establishing regular
system checks, such as locating records without constituent codes
- Updates constituent records, including contact and employment
information, and maximizes efficiencies in data reporting.
- Adds new constituent records to the database as needed,
analyzes information, and populates all appropriate data fields
where information is available.
- Processes address changes and returned mail, and coordinates
necessary updates as appropriate.
- Maintains the central archive of hard-file gift
- Maintains donor records: transfers and uploads gift
documentation, solicitations, acknowledgements, and other
correspondence to the donor database and digital files.
- Creates and maintains Designation records.
- Maintains the structure of attributes, code tables, business
rules, configuration items, and all other setup functions and makes
configuration, code table, and user system role modifications.
- Handle global changes, importing, and other global database
- Coordinate database backup and recovery
Reports and Administrative Support
- Create fundraising and other data-driven reports as
- Produces larger in-house mailings via list production and
segmentation, mail merges, printing, postage, copying, and
maintaining hard and digital files for fundraising or special
projects as requested, such as event invitations and appeals.
- Monitors and maintains the inventory and ordering of office
supplies for the Development Team, including letterhead, envelopes,
postage, and other collateral materials.
- Receives, sends, organizes, and distributes shipments for the
Development/Communications team, including in-kind donations.
- Assist the Major Gifts and Events Manager with fundraising and
cultivation events, including event logistics, timelines, vendor
coordination, invitation and rsvp lists, revenue reports, expense
budgets, volunteer coordination, and in-kind donations.
- Assists with special events and activities by preparing event
materials, attending events, and providing day-of support.
- Offers general administrative support and event support to the
Development Team as needed.
- Schedules and coordinates the Development/Communications team
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS
- Commitment and enthusiasm about the organization’s mission and
- Substantial Raiser’s Edge® or other database experience
- Highly detail-oriented skill set with a critical degree of
accuracy regarding data entry and analysis, including financial and
statistical record-keeping skills
- Sensitivity when working with highly confidential financial and
non-financial information and ability to maintain complete
discretion at all times
- Strong inter-personal, organizational, and communication
skills, using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, and also
- An ability to work independently and under pressure, take
responsibility, prioritize work, complete tasks on time, work with
confidential data, perform repetitive and multiple tasks with
accuracy while simultaneously adhering to deadlines
- Ability to analyze data and learn complex data entry codes and
- Ability to understand and follow directions as well as complex
policies and procedures
- Excellent written, editing, spelling, and verbal skills
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; AA degree acceptable with
- Knowledge of graphic design
This job description is of a general nature and is not an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties of the
The Alliance is committed to prioritizing and safeguarding the
health and wellbeing of our employees, their families, our clients,
and members of our community against the COVID-19 coronavirus above
all else. In response to COVID-19, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, and to support a safe
environment for everyone, all new Alliance’s employees must provide
original documentation confirming they are fully vaccinated at the
time of hire, or for purposes of exemptions, proof of a qualifying
medical exemption or religiously held belief.
Other Considerations This position is a
full-time non-exempt position, working at least 2-3 days in the Los
Angeles office and remotely during the rest of the week, depending
on assigned responsibilities and duties. This position may be asked
to work in the office at any time and at the employer's
Applying: To be considered, please send a cover
letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in your cover letter any relevant experiences,
background, or perspective, professional or otherwise, you have in
working with diverse populations and/or towards goals of equity and
This is a non-exempt, full-time paid position, with an hourly
rate of $23.07 - $25.64 ($45,000 – $50,000 annually) DOE.
Benefits include generous vacation and paid holidays;
comprehensive health plans covering 100% of the employee cost of
medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; flexible
spending accounts for childcare and health expenses; generous
retirement savings plan with company contributions to your 403(b)
after one year of employment, and discounts on fitness memberships
and other activities.
The Alliance for Children’s Rights is committed to building
and supporting a culturally diverse and inclusive environment that
values all staff members’ backgrounds and perspectives in our work.
We strongly encourage individuals from all traditionally
underrepresented communities to apply. We are committed to
providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and
prohibit discrimination against employees or applicants because of
race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, disability, national origin, ancestry, age,
marital status, veteran status, or any other unlawful