ASAE helps associations, and the professionals who lead,
manage, and work in them, transform society through the power of
collaboration. We are looking for someone to join our team as the
Director of Development. Candidates must be able to work in a
diverse, inclusive, and collaborative environment where colleagues
are engaged, respect and support each other, hold themselves
accountable, and celebrate their work.
ASAE’s Director of Development is the primary fundraising
professional for the ASAE Research Foundation. Through a
team-oriented approach, the position provides leadership to all
development programs (major gifts, annual fund, planned giving),
campaigns, and special events that support fundraising initiatives
as well as managing donor and volunteer relations, and donor
cultivations and recognition programs. The director will represent
the Research Foundation to key constituents and organizations
within the association community.
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Works closely with the President of the Foundation, the
Foundation Board of Directors, the Development Committee, and other
volunteers in the development and implementation of strategies and
tactics to raise money to support all ASAE Foundation programs and
- Develops and manages campaigns for ongoing cultivation,
solicitation and stewardship of key prospects and exercises
initiative in identifying additional prospects through a systematic
program of prospect research and evaluation.
- Takes a leadership role in driving a collaborative process with
staff and volunteer leaders that would result in the development of
goals, objectives and operational plans for all fundraising and
- Works closely with key internal departments including
marketing, communications, social media, meetings & events,
sponsorship, publications, research and website to accomplish the
outreach and branding goals of the foundation.
- With guidance from the ASAE Foundation President:
- Determines fundraising goals and strategies for all development
programs and campaigns.
- Develops an annual operating budget for development programs,
monitor financial performance against the budgets, and adjust
operations, as appropriate, to insure the financial integrity of
- Ensures that the Foundation conforms with all legal
requirements of a 501(c)(3) organization, including financial
management and reporting.
- Ensures that all contributed gifts are received and processed
in accordance with all applicable I.R.S. and accounting
regulations. Maintains standards for donor confidentiality,
stewardship, and use of funds.
Administration and Governance
- Serves as senior staff liaison to the Development
- Cultivates a strong partnership with the Foundation Board of
Directors and Development Committee to direct development
activities and volunteer engagement consistent with the mission of
- With the Foundation President and Operations Manager, creates
agendas and supports the meeting of the Development Committee and
- Prepares all internal and external reports on the status of
fundraising activities for the Foundation and any other reports as
requested by the Foundation President.
has supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Work hours are flexible; office
core hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm; however, the
ability to work before and after-hours events on occasion will be
No more than 10% of travel is
expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communications,
or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years fundraising experience and knowledge of best
practices and strategies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite or related
- Strong organizational and time management skills with
exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
Preferred Education and Experience
- Familiarity with donor software programs
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Experience generating organizational and program budgets
- Experience using and developing donor databases
- Grant writing experience preferred
No more that 10% of travel is
expected for this position
Must be able to work
legally in the United States without sponsorship.
- Hybrid Work from Home Arrangements
- Flexible Work Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Prescription Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Generous 401k Retirement Plan
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Legal and Identity Theft Plans
- Company Paid Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Computer Purchase Program