The University of Colorado Boulder's department of Advancement
encourages applications for an Executive Assistant. As the
Executive Assistant to three Assistant Vice Chancellors for
Advancement (AVCs), this highly productive assistant will provide
professional administrative support to the AVCs, and on occasion,
the Advancement Leadership Team (ALT). The Executive Assistant
functions with a great deal of independent judgment and discretion
while managing evolving and sometimes competing matters of
significance. In addition to building productive working
relationships with members of the advancement division, the
Executive Assistant will also maintain effective working
relationships with senior leadership in different units across
campus, at the CU System, and the CU Foundation.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be Administrative
Meeting and Event Management
- Handles highly sensitive and confidential materials with
complete discretion and integrity.
- Maintains action and meeting topic logs.
- Meets regularly with AVCs to review calendar, meetings,
scheduling conflicts, priorities, and travel, ensuring timely
- Works with the AVCs and ALT to plan agendas and execution of
- Copy edits, reviews, and distributes meeting materials under
direction of the AVCs.
- Acts as a point of coordination on behalf of AVCs in ensuring
that momentum is maintained once projects are initiated.
- Processes expense reports and maintain awareness of additional
AVC approval needs.
- Assists the AVCs and ALT in scheduling and preparing for
internal and external meetings, system meetings, and donor
meetings. Tasks include scheduling rooms, ensuring clarity of
agendas, and reviewing relevant action items and decisions.
- Ensure briefings for donor meetings are prepared in a timely
and accurate manner.
- Keeps track of and advises AVCs of meeting attendees.
- Solicits, sets, and enforces deadlines for meeting materials
from others with sufficient time for AVCs to review and prepare for
- Schedules and manages meeting invitations, Zoom reservations,
room reservations, A/V logistics and catering, as appropriate.
- Handles and arranges complex and frequent travel schedules
ensuring travel is as efficient and direct as possible.
- Ensures that meetings are well-planned to enhance the AVC’s and
- Provides follow-up with meeting participants on behalf of the
AVCs and ALT.
- Assists with all-staff meetings, staff retreats, and employee
- Respond directly or coordinate with others to ensure
appropriate, professional, and timely responses to internal and
- Organize, establish, and maintain record-keeping systems for te
AVCs, including paper and online files, donor records, prospective
donor requests, marketing materials, and AVC supplies.
- Perform all purchasing for AVCs including verifying the
accuracy of invoices and accounting codes to be charged.
- Manage and coordinate trainings, webinars, or similar
- Provides donor database support and basic reports for the
What We Can Offer The salary range is $53,000 - $61,800
annually. Relocation assistance is available. Benefits The
University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
. What We
- 3+ years of experience working with senior level management
advancing organizational priorities.
All applications must be submitted through CU Boulder
Jobs at: https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Executive-Assistant-to-the-Assistant-Vice-Chancellors-for-Advancement/39532
Please apply by June 13, 2022, for
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.