Catholic Charities of the
Diocese of Palm Beach (CCPB) was established in 1984 as the
social service arm of the Palm Beach Diocese. The agency serves on
average more than 7,500 clients each year throughout the Palm Beach
Diocese, which includes the counties of Palm Beach, St. Lucie,
Indian River, Martin and Okeechobee. The services of Catholic
Charities are available to all residents of the service area who
qualify for the particular program. The priority is to serve the
poorest and most vulnerable. As the specific needs of the community
change and the population rises, the services offered by Catholic
Charities also change in response to those needs. Catholic
Charities does not discriminate based on a client’s religion, nor
on any other classification protected under applicable federal,
state or local discrimination law.
The Development Director serves as a key leadership team member
and an active participant in making strategic decisions impacting
Catholic Charities of Palm Beach. The position directs all aspects
of philanthropic development including: major gifts, annual fund,
planned giving, grant writing, special events and other programs to
increase private support.
The successful candidate will have:
- A commitment to the Values and Mission of Catholic
- An active Catholic Faith
- A passion to serve the poor, the vulnerable and those in
- Partner with the Executive Director and Board to achieve
- Draft and implement a development plan to address
organizational needs in alignment with the organization’s vision
and strategic plan.
- Meet prospective donors and establish effective communications
- Implement a major gifts program including identification,
cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Direct the planned giving program with a focus on building
long-term relationships with major donors.
- Build an annual fund program.
- Direct foundation and grant programs including developing
proposals, tracking and compliance, report writing and
- Plan and lead capital fundraising campaigns.
- Manage current fundraising events including the annual
- Supervise and collaborate with staff of an Associate
Development Director and Grant Writer/Coordinator.
- Provide staff support for development committee meetings.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Oversee the development database and tracking systems (Salsa);
and gift recognition programs.
- Oversee publications and work closely with other departments to
allow for systematic coordination of communications efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree minimum.
- 5 plus years of development experience with demonstrated
- Preferred: Experience with Capital and Endowment
- Be goal driven to initiate external prospect and benefactor
- Demonstrated ability to garner support for major gift
- Leadership skills to partner with and motivate board members
and other volunteers.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, pastors,
department heads, representatives of other agencies and the
- A work style that promotes teamwork, innovation, motivation,
and builds consensus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Engaged member of the Palm Beach community as directed by the
- Willingness to travel throughout the Diocese of Palm Beach to
fulfill job requirements. Travel may be required throughout the
diocese to program locations.
- Knowledge and support of Catholic Social teachings and a
willingness to adhere to all Catholic Charities Policies and
- Must embrace Catholic Charities mission of serving the poor and
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with board
members, prospective major donors, volunteers, and diverse
- Be goal driven and possess a high degree of motivation,
maturity and energy.
- Strong capabilities in planning, organizing, and
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and
community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and
good listening ability.
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation range for this position is $100k to $110k with
the opportunity for an incentive based bonus, but the actual salary
for the candidate selected will be based on their background and
skills. Benefits include company subsidized paid medical insurance,
vision coverage, dental coverage, long term disability, short term
disability, and generous Personal Time Off. Benefits also
include a 403b with an employer 5% contribution and 2% match.
Benefits start after 30 days.
The search for the Development Director of Catholic Charities,
Diocese of Palm Beach is being conducted by The Moran Company.
Questions about the position can be directed to Mike English, The
Moran Company; mike (at) morancompany.com.
To apply for this position, submit cover letter and resume to
Mike English, The Moran Company. Resume should
include all professional education and experience, dates of
employment (month and year) and position/title and organization