The Associate Director, Nursery School Development and Community
Engagement of The 92nd Street Y Nursery School will be responsible
for the day-to-day operations of the 92NY Nursery School
Development function. The Associate Director will be accountable
for the planning, coordination, and implementation of a wide array
of fundraising activities and cultivation events and initiatives,
all designed to support and grow the fundraising from the 92NY
Nursery School community of current and future families and
students as well as alumni. This position supports the Senior
Director of Development and Community Engagement in the critical
role of fundraising and fostering community cohesiveness within the
- Accountable for the day-to-day operation of all fundraising and
cultivation events at the Nursery School including the Annual
Nursery School Benefit and its affiliated cultivation events and
committee management, the Nursery School Book Fair and New Parents
Reception, among others.
- Oversee the logistics, coordination and support of all
fundraising and cultivation events/initiatives and meetings. Track
and report on attendees and prospective donors.
- Work with the Senior Director to develop, execute and provide
ongoing management of the 92NY Nursery School Alumni program.
- Responsible for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
of a portfolio of donors made up primarily of parents, grandparents
- Oversee the coordination of assigned parent committees,
including parent liaisons, meeting and event coordination and
- Works with families in the school, alumni, outside vendors, and
Benefit/ Event committee members as appropriate.
- Responsible for timely and accurate entry of donor
communications and activities into Tessitura, and for utilizing the
database to report out on the progress of ongoing initiatives.
- Accountable for the timely processing and accurate
acknowledgement of all event and school donations.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with members of the 92NY
Development team on ways to engage Nursery School families with
activities of 92NY.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS &
- 5+ years working in the non-profit sector with experience in
fundraising and event planning preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and an eye for detail are
- Must work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Some experience with Tessitura or similar fundraising database
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to learn technology
and related skills in a timely manner.
- Must be a proactive, independent, creative, team player with
- Outstanding interpersonal skills are required to interact with
the families in the school on a regular basis.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to manage multiple duties
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Those offered a position must provide proof of a completed
COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
Any candidate unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held
religious belief or a medical condition will be engaged to
determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided.
Interested applicants should forward a resume and a cover letter
with salary requirements.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are
only able to contact those applicants whose experience most aligns
with the position profile.