Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of
humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we
spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the
climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries
and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International
partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous
peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive
The Development Senior Coordinator, for CI’s Center for Oceans,
provides support for raising funds from individual, corporate,
foundation, public funding, and/or other institutional donors.
Reporting to the Center for Oceans Director of Development, this
position coordinates fundraising processes with program leads and
relationship managers. This team member provides support for the
development of a strong pipeline of funding opportunities and donor
relationships. The Development Senior Coordinator helps ensure the
proper cultivation and stewardship of donors by providing creation
to completion support on proposals, reports, and other
correspondence as needed.
- Conduct baseline new prospect research for strategy
collaboration with development staff.
- Support the development and implementation of donor fundraising
- Review all revenue and solicitation reports to ensure that they
accurately capture fundraising activities.
- Assist with the development and finalization of high-quality
proposals, concept papers and donor reports.
- Support fundraising efforts for the Center for Oceans programs
- Provide support for cultivation and stewardship meetings and
- Collaboratively work with the development team to steward and
execute donor follow-up.
- Ensure high-quality stewardship and management of existing
donors and grants.
- Maintain and track a pipeline of donor accounts in
collaboration with program leadership and the Development Division
through Raiser’s Edge and the Center for Oceans Fundraising
- Prepare or support preparation of fundraising progress reports
- Provide administrative support by processing financial
expenditures, expense reports, and VISA statements, and assist with
scheduling and coordinating travel for Development staff.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- This position is based in Arlington, VA. US remote may be
- Typical office environment.
- Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate time difference
with HQ and field programs may be necessary.
- Occasional travel to meet with donors or program staff may be
- Our Arlington, VA office is officially open. Guidance on hybrid
or remote work schedules will be discussed during the interview
process. For positions based in Hawaii and Seattle, further
guidance will be provided in those offices during the interview
- For the health and safety of our employees, their families, and
our community, all US-based Conservation International staff
are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This mandatory
vaccine requirement applies to all staff working remotely, in a
hybrid work arrangement, and on-site in CI US offices. Effective
January 4, 2022, new hires will be required to provide proof of
full vaccination with a government-approved vaccine as a condition
for employment. Requests for reasonable accommodations or
exceptions related to medical or religious reasons will be
considered. Candidates are NOT required to state their
COVID-19 vaccine status in their application.
- 2-4 years of fundraising experience.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database
software., Microsoft Office applications, and basic computer
- Must be organized with strong attention to detail, proofreading
skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a geographically
dispersed team and to communicate with staff at offsite locations.
This includes comfort with communicating via phone, Teams, Zoom,
- Effective interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and tact,
the ability to listen, and the ability to build strong
relationships with all levels of staff, donors, and partners.
- Effective written communicator, highly skilled in both
technical and creative narration.
- Bachelor’s degree or up to four years of college-level
- A demonstrated understanding of conservation, specifically
oceans, and/or fundraising experience.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and