Director of Alumni Relations
- Trinity College
- Connecticut, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Closing date
- Jul 1, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Alumni Affairs, Programs, Other Programs
- Academic Centers, Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Trinity College seeks a staff that reflects the changing demographics of our student body. Our student body is diverse, representing 41 states and 70 countries, with 21 percent U.S. students of color and 50 percent who identify as women. More than 90 percent of students live on campus. Trinity is a highly selective, independent, nonsectarian liberal arts institution located in the capital city of Hartford, Conn. With more than 2,100 full-time undergraduate students and 91 graduate students, the college maintains a rigorous academic profile complemented by a vibrant and diverse co-curricular program. We consider our location in a culturally and socioeconomically diverse capital city to be among Trinity’s most distinctive assets, and we cultivate strong connections with our surrounding neighbors and with institutions and organizations throughout Hartford and the region. As a preeminent liberal arts college in an urban setting, Trinity College prepares students to be bold, independent thinkers who lead transformative lives.
The Director of Alumni Relations reports to the Associate Vice
President for Advancement, manages a staff of five and supports the
activities of the Trinity College Alumni Association. The director
is one of nine members of the senior advancement staff.
The Trinity College Alumni Association provides a framework by
which alumni can preserve and strengthen their relationship with
the College. The Association’s stated purpose is to promote a
positive image of Trinity College, to establish programs that
develop a close working relationship between the College and its
alumni, and to represent the alumni on issues affecting the
traditions of excellence at the College.
The Director is responsible for planning, managing, executing and evaluating all programs in the Office of Alumni Relations. This includes programs that communicate with and serve alumni; connect alumni with each other, with students and with the College; and that provide appropriate levels of communication, involvement opportunities, events, and recognition to individual alumni and groups of alumni.
As the chief alumni relations officer, the Director oversees and
participates in the design and execution of initiatives that call
graduates to: engage in volunteer service to the College;
participate in lifelong learning with Trinity College faculty on
topics of intellectual interest; to take part in a range of
in-person and online activities that foster a sense of
connectedness within the Trinity community; and to recognize the
achievements of leaders who attended Trinity College. Activities
include lectures, (on, off-campus, and online), annual milestone
reunions, awards and class support, programs for undergraduates,
young alumni and groups that share special interests and other
personal and professional affinities and other alumni events.
The Director works closely with the volunteer Executive Committee of the Alumni Association and maintains regular communication with the Trinity community, including alumni, parents, faculty, students and staff.
- The position is designed for a professional who has a record of success and achievement and who is looking for an opportunity to make a meaningful contribution and difference at an institution of distinction.
- The Director must have demonstrated prior success as a manager, leader, mentor and personnel coach. Further, candidates must have the proven ability to recruit, manage and motivate staff and volunteers, and to work with and gain the respect of diverse individuals and groups on campus, regionally and worldwide.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible alumni relations/advancement experience, garnered within a highly successful college, university or independent school environment is essential.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Non-traditional candidates, whose background closely aligns with the field of alumni relations/advancement, may be considered.
- Graduates of Trinity College are preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All applicants must apply online at https://trincoll.peopleadmin.com/postings/2651 and submit their resume, cover letter and 3 references. In your cover letter or application materials, please address how you would foster and promote an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion in this role.
Please note, Trinity College and the Office of Advancement are collaborating with Tom Molloy of Molloy Partners, firstname.lastname@example.org, on the search for the Director of Alumni Relations.
Review of applications will begin three weeks after the role posting date.
Trinity College requires proof of COVID19 vaccination and booster or an approved exemption prior to beginning employment.
Trinity is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert