Grace Farms Foundation is looking for a team player and leader
that can elevate the Foundation's unique mode of contributing to
the world and garner sustainable support through multiple channels
of giving programs and partnerships. We are looking for someone who
can incubate and accelerate the Foundation's established
fund-raising channels and create profound new fundraising paths
drawing from their reservoir of professional development
experiences and networks. This is an exciting opportunity to grow a
department and to be at the forefront of philanthropic
The ideal candidate will have experience with non-profits and
foundations particularly in the cultural institution or conservancy
fields, understand the evolving world of philanthropy, and is eager
to tell compelling stories of how Grace Farms Foundation is a
unique model for accelerating good. They will know how to reach new
audiences for purposes of development, while continuing to
cultivate existing partners and supporters with care and
The Development Director will thrive in entrepreneurial
environments that pursue more than funding targets- they will have
a passion for capacity building and creating relationships, across
sectors and among individuals. Grace Farms Foundation values
creating new outcomes, and the Development Director will be a key
partner in ensuring fiscal longevity, so the Foundation can
continue this work for decades to come.
Location & Travel
While there is flexibility to accommodate some work from home,
this position will be primarily located at 365 Lukes Wood Road in
New Canaan, CT. The position includes travel in Connecticut and New
York, for the purposes of relationship development. Some
flexibility to work from home can be accommodated.
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities
- This working manager will collaborate regularly with Foundation
Leadership, Initiative & Departmental Directors, Leadership
Advisory Committee members, and other key Foundation colleagues and
volunteers to understand, strategize, support, and execute overall
Foundation goals for fundraising.
- Provides day-to-day and strategic management, coaching and
mentorship of the modestly sized Advancement and Strategic
Partnership team, stepping in as necessary to assist in the
execution of their tasks to bring goals and strategies to
completion, assuring the timely flow of pertinent and relevant
information internally and externally, when appropriate.
- Lead the Planning, project management and implementation of
special donor cultivation events, including annual benefit,
signature development events, meetings, tours, and other special
- Facilitate, oversee, track and report on donor relationship and
solicitation programs and approaches from all sources of giving
including the Foundation's membership program, individuals,
foundations, corporations, and other strategic partners.
- Design and implement new channels of giving for the Foundation
that is in keeping with its objectives and values.
- Represent the Foundation in various front-facing capacities,
including public presentations, with a focus on authentic
engagement, connecting the Foundation's leadership to new networks,
and stewardship. Identify, research, and develop corporate,
community, and individual prospects for the organization's
- Oversee development operations and fundraising reporting, which
include our constituent database, compliance, reporting
regulations, auditing, updated legal policies, and other standards
and requirements for gifts solicited by and received by the
- Provide research as necessary on trends to position Grace Farms
Foundation's work in a relevant context.
- Liaise with Board members and Leadership
- Explore and oversee strategic grant opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ideally 10+ years of development and philanthropy experience,
with 5 years in a leadership position
- Completed Bachelor's degree. Higher level degrees
- Strategic problem solver who relishes opportunities to bring
people together to advance the mission of an organization.
- Proven ability to craft and articulate a case for support for
Foundation programs, both verbally and in writing.
- Experienced manager who can lead and maximize team members
towards common goals.
- Interest in innovating within the department but also creating
lasting and effective new structures and channels for giving.
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing successful
comprehensive development plans.
- The ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record in all
aspects of fundraising, including membership programs, major gifts,
online giving, foundation support, planned giving, special events,
and development operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to
sustain relationships and compel donors at various levels.
- Works thoroughly and timely with excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of donors and
- Demonstrated ability to build a culture of philanthropy within
an organization and to enthusiastically and successfully engage in
one-on-one solicitation and ongoing donor stewardship.
- Track record of, and an interest in, learning and developing as
a professional, staying on top of best practices and aligning donor
stewardship strategies to those practices.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment
to the Foundation's mission.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, CRM software/donor
databases, web-based applications and use of the internet for
- We are a highly collaborative space so candidates must be
flexible, and enjoy working with colleagues from diverse industry
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to walk or stand, sit, see, read and speak
English clearly, hear and use hands to reach, handle or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, stoop, kneel or
- The employee must occasionally lift, push and/ or move up to 25
Grace Farms offers a competitive benefit package that includes a
choice of medical plans, a dental and vision plan, 100%
employer-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability. We
encourage our staff to take time-off to rest and recharge and
provide PTO including vacation, sick, and personal days as well as
10 paid holidays. All staff are welcome to explore the beautiful
80-acres of our preserved land and may take part in any of the
numerous public events on-site.
Compensation Range: $100,000 - $115,000/year based on
Grace Farms is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, and other legally protected
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website
below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept
applications through our website.