Who are we?
Catholic Near East Welfare Association (CNEWA) has been
a lifeline for the vulnerable throughout the Middle East, Northeast
Africa, India and Eastern Europe for more than 95 years.
Founded by Pope Pius XI in 1926, CNEWA works for, through and
with the Eastern Catholic churches to identify needs and implement
Collaborating with the many peoples of these churches, CNEWA
connects you to your fellow human beings in need, such as forming
priests to serve the people of God in Egypt; providing irrigation
to farmers in southern Lebanon; teaching underserved children in
Ethiopia; educating sisters in India; rushing emergency relief to
displaced Middle East families; counseling war-scarred children in
Gaza. Together, we build up the church, affirm human dignity,
alleviate poverty, encourage dialogue — and inspire hope.
CNEWA is proud to be among the most efficient of charities,
earning consistently high marks for accountability and transparency
from such watchdog groups as Charity Navigator.
About the position:
CNEWA is currently seeking a driven and dedicated Major
Gifts Officer, responsible for managing a portfolio of
high-tier donors. Will solicit gifts from these donors and steward
their relationship with the agency. The Major Gifts Officer (MGO)
will also work to identify, qualify, and cultivate new major gift
prospects. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Major
Gifts Officer will help organize special events and participate in
the departmental planning process. The MGO is required to maintain
a high standard of integrity and excellence in all internal and
external communications and relationships.
• At least 5 years’ experience cultivating and managing a
successful portfolio of donors with a mission based organization.
International experience is preferred.
• Proven record of accomplishment in expanding existing donor base,
with a key focus in harnessing own 5-figure individual gifts.
• Ability to measure and assess fund-raising initiatives with
metrics and performance goals.
• Excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute as
a key strategic team member.
• Required to travel primarily at the domestic level, meeting with
key stakeholders and high-tier donors.
• Must possess inclusive worldview and an understanding of the
social, religious, cultural and political environments of the
countries and people served by CNEWA.
• Passion for CNEWA’s international mission and ability to
effectively serve as an ambassador for the agency.
• Bi-lingual abilities in both English and Spanish are highly
• Web and social media savvy.
• Master’s degree is preferred.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not exclusive
• Develop a plan for increasing the agency’s major gift program,
with a particular focus on reaching new constituencies.
• Maintains portfolio of assigned major donors with high giving
potential and targeted prospects; implements moves management with
donors and prospects guiding them through the complete giving
cycle, stewarding their relationship with CNEWA and, in so doing,
increasing average gifts size and reducing donor attrition.
• Manages relationships with prospective major donors and develops
pipelines of new prospects outside of the organization’s existing
• Assists in the planning and implementation of fundraising
activities and events.
• Participates and helps to strengthen the parish outreach program
within targeted donor communities.
How to apply:
If you share these interests and a passion for advancing CNEWA’s
humanitarian and pastoral programs, please forward your cover
letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@CNEWA.org. Please
indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject
CNEWA is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. We bring
our world into your world online and in social media every day.