MAJOR PURPOSE: Hartford International
University for Religion and Peace (HIU) seeks a highly organized,
personable, and motivated professional who is committed to the
mission of the University. The Development Associate will provide
high-level support to the University President and the Development
department in addition to scheduling meetings, drafting
correspondence and fundraising appeals, processing and
acknowledging gifts, cultivating special relations with board
members, and supporting the overall functions of the department.
The position will support fundraising efforts across the
- Supports the day-to-day functions of the fundraising team.
- Works with the University President to support the Board of
Trustees, including setting meeting schedules, coordinating
logistics, and communications.
- Processes and enters gifts into HIU’s donor database.
- Interacts with donors in response to inquiries.
- Coordinates high-level special events, both in person and using
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Works collaboratively with development team to execute HIU’s
overall fundraising strategy and annual fundraising calendar.
- Serves as the primary point-of-contact for HIU donors.
- Helps plan and implement solicitation strategies for major and
planned gift prospects.
- Supports fundraising committees and activities led by board
members, volunteers and others.
- Works closely with communications team and external consultants
to create and deploy fundraising materials.
- Coordinates alumni programming and initiatives.
- Assists in the coordination of special events, including donor
- Prepares and processes all donations and distributes weekly
donation reports to designated stakeholders.
- Enters donations and maintain alumni and donor records in the
donor database to ensure accurate capture of donor information and
- Maintains tracking charts for cultivation opportunities.
- Assists in executing development mailings, including tax
- Maintains physical and digital institutional files.
- Designs and produces ad hoc reports and dashboards based on
data extracted from donor database.
Other Duties as assigned
As is expected of all employees, provides backup support for
University’s major events/general activities, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree; one to
three years of fundraising experience (or equivalent experience).
Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written. High
degree of initiative, organization, and follow-through; Responsible
self-starter and able to work independently. Demonstrated ability
to interact effectively with all levels of staff, donors, and the
public, and the ability to exercise good judgment. Ability to
handle multiple tasks under pressure and within firm deadlines.
Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database
software and reporting, and the ability to conduct data analysis.
Experience with Bloomerang or other CRM preferred. Appreciation and
respect for principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and an
ability to engage with diverse audiences.
In-person work is required with some flexibility. Residency in
the greater Hartford Area is required to fulfill duties of this
Hartford International University for Religion and Peace is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A resume, cover letter, and three professional references are
required. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be