WHO IS USA LACROSSE
USA Lacrosse, a non-profit organization, is the governing body
of men’s and women’s lacrosse in the United States, leading the
U.S. National Teams Program and establishing universal
standards. With nearly 400,000 members, we provide national
leadership, structure, and resources to fuel and unify the sport's
growth and enrich the experience of its players, coaches,
officials, parents, and program leaders.
USA Lacrosse believes a diverse staff best positions our
organization to fulfill its mission. We strive to attract and
maintain a team of talented and dedicated professionals who reflect
the diverse nature of our membership and the national lacrosse
community. We are committed to a staff culture that ensures
everyone feels welcomed, valued, and included.
The Senior Manager, Annual Giving leads the strategic design,
execution, and evaluation of USA Lacrosse's comprehensive annual
giving and stewardship program. Reporting to the Director,
Development, the incumbent will be expected to set and execute a
strategy to achieve USA Lacrosse's annual fundraising goals using a
multitude of channels and platforms to engage, solicit, and steward
a broad base of USA Lacrosse constituents to make donations toward
our various programs and initiatives.
A Typical Day Looks Like…
Giving Strategy & Relationship
- Designs and executes a comprehensive annual giving program
intended to solicit philanthropic support from a broad base of USA
Lacrosse constituents to grow philanthropic support and
- Develops and executes strategies to acquire new donors from a
variety of USA Lacrosse constituents. This includes retaining past
supporters while acquiring and growing our donor base.
- Provides strategic segmentation around securing current use and
expendable funds, as well as building and retaining a long-term
pipeline for philanthropic support.
- Creates and manages the USA Lacrosse solicitation calendar
ensuring all solicitations are segmented, targeted, and key
performance metrics are maintained and delivered on time.
- Collaborates with the Senior Manager, Foundation Services to
analyze and report past and present fundraising results to help
inform future marketing strategies.
- Works cross-departmentally with internal team members and
departments to understand the scope and impact of USA Lacrosse's
mission to identify annual giving needs and plan strategy and
- Continuously and systematically assesses the effectiveness of
our solicitation strategies used to acquire, retain, and increase
philanthropic support. This includes making recommendations for
improvements to existing strategies and developing new ones so we
are continually evolving the way we do things.
- Leverages technology solutions and partners with internal team
members to strategize and effectively segment constituencies to
increase the personalization and efficacy of our campaign
- Designs, implements, and manages recognition and stewardship
plans for annual gift donors (i.e., the 1998 Society and other
giving societies) to encourage and enhance incentives and
appreciation to encourage, recognize, and promote personal
engagement among our donors.
- Creates and coordinates appeals to our donor and constituent
segments to show them why they should donate to USA Lacrosse and
what their donations will help us accomplish for the sport and our
athletes. This includes working with internal partners and external
vendors and creating mailing materials to appeal to targeted
- Works cross-departmentally to manage, develop, and coordinate
fundraising strategies for programs to support internal initiatives
and priorities, such as Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI),
Center for Sport Science and Safety, National Teams, and Sport
Growth and Development.
- Collaborates with internal team members, the marketing and
communications teams, and external vendors to coordinate print,
mail, web, social media, and electronic solicitation efforts to
ensure the collateral we produce is properly branded, aligned with
our mission, and clearly communicates the purpose of our various
- Collaborates with the marketing and communication teams to
facilitate the design of all solicitation collateral to ensure the
messaging aligns with the purpose and strategy of the fundraising
- Manages and maintains USA Lacrosse's platform for online giving
through collaboration with the philanthropy, marketing and
communications, and IT departments. This includes ensuing the
accuracy and integrity of the data for reliable
- Develops, coordinates, and executes donor stewardship
communication efforts, such as the Giving Lacrosse
newsletter to communicate with USA Lacrosse's donor so they can see
their contributions in action.
- Provides timely and thorough reporting to the Director,
Development and the USA Lacrosse leadership team on annual giving
initiatives, donors, and revenue.
Event Planning & Participation
- Serves as the liaison for the USA Lacrosse Foundation team for
USA Lacrosse events.
- Regularly attends USA Lacrosse and USA Lacrosse Foundation
events to represent the organization. This includes meeting and
interacting with current and potential donors to encourage them to
support USA Lacrosse philanthropically.
Is This You…
- At least three (3) years of experience in fundraising,
business/donor development, and/or annual giving or related
- Previous work experience in a non-profit, association, or other
member-based organization a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with working knowledge
of Microsoft 365 products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams,
- Knowledge of software’s used for fundraising, such as
SalesForce, or comparable database applications used to track,
monitor, and report on donor data with the aptitude to learn such
- Working knowledge of fundraising concepts, principles, and best
practices. This includes the ability to solicit and build
relationships with prospects.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and
keep data organized for through analysis and reporting.
- Strong relationship building skills with the comfort and
ability to “work a room” to persuade potential donors, while
enhancing existing relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal,
written, and verbal.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with a
“hands on” mentality.
- Discretion to handle sensitive and confidential matters and
- Ability to present a professional persona and presence to build
relationships and establish credibility.
- Willingness to learn about the sport of lacrosse and appreciate
the needs for developing funds to fuel its development and
- Ability to align with USA Lacrosse’s Mission, Vision, and
Values and Strategic Plan to support our initiatives and
Core Values & Competencies
- We Influence - Written and Verbal Communication
- We Serve - Customer Focused
- We Create & Innovate - Creativity
- We Collaborate - Peer Relationships
- We are Humble & Honest - Integrity and Trust
- We Embrace Individuality - Diversity
- We Have Fun – Work Hard and Play Hard
Expected Hours of Work
This position is generally expected to work Monday through
Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm and occasionally requires longer hours
or weekend work as related to events and other business needs.
This is a hybrid position and works from the headquarters
office in Sparks, MD three (3) days a week with the flexibility to
work from home two (2) days a week.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some
out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
USA Lacrosse is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, veteran status, or any other status/characteristic
protected under federal, state, or local law. USA Lacrosse
believes diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to
our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit,
develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse