The Development Associate for the Bay Area is
part of the Development and Strategic
Engagement (DaSE) team at Seneca, which is
responsible for advancing the private fundraising goals of the
agency. The Development Associate works alongside the Bay
Area Development Director to create
and sustain a comprehensive marketing and
fundraising strategy for Seneca, to engage
Seneca’s broader community of volunteers, donors and supporters,
and to help enhance visibility for Seneca programs,
impact, mission and vision.
While this position is primarily remote, the
Development Associate must be able to travel throughout the Bay
Area for relevant community events and to Seneca’s headquarters in
Oakland headquarters regularly for team/agency
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing
traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding
mental health, community based, and educational services. We are
committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages
people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in
conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and
Inclusion in order to bring equity and justice to the
youth and families we serve.
- Directly support Bay Area-based development efforts;
perform administrative, logistical, and communication functions for
fundraising, marketing and community relations activities.
- Support the activities of the Director of Development and
development department more broadly (including statewide
efforts in California and Washington state).
- Identify opportunities for Seneca involvement in
community events, and to introduce community members to
- Collaborate closely with agency communications team
to support the content development and regular
maintenance of collateral materials, online marketing, social
media and the agency website, and publications that assist in
the stewardship and raising funds for the agency.
- Support Northern California programs and individual clients
with in-kind donation needs as requested.
- Provide leadership and support in planning and execution of
- Identify & research donor prospects to develop
relationships to increase individual, corporate, & grant
- Support and/or lead the development, drafting and submission of
grant proposals to private foundations.
- Oversee the Bay Area Leadership Board and solicit their support
with fundraising initiatives, donor prospecting, event planning,
and other development activities, as appropriate.
- Experience/education requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree OR
- Associate’s degree or equivalent + 1 year of applicable work
- High school diploma/GED + 2 years of applicable work
- Applicable experience includes any paid or unpaid experience
in an administrative capacity requiring relevant
functions, which could include customer service, fundraising
or special event planning, web-based communications, writing,
project management, constituent/volunteer engagement work,
- Demonstrated expertise with MS Office
applications and web-based
- Excellent interpersonal and communications
- Commitment to integrating diversity, equity and
inclusion into development activities, donor engagement, and
the work environment.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and ability to
travel within the Bay Area as needed.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccinations and booster.
- Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Ability to work evenings
or occasional weekends as needed for events or
other community activities.
- Starting at $26 per hour. Actual salary is dependent on
creditable experience above the minimum qualifications for the
- Additional compensation provided upon passing bilingual
language proficiency exam.
- Annual performance evaluations provide the potential for a
generous salary increase each year.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical,
dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially
paid premiums for dependents.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off and 11 paid holidays.
- We provide a 403b Retirement Plan.
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional
- Mileage reimbursement.