Reports to: Director, Major Gifts
Entrepreneurial and proactive fundraiser managing personal
portfolio of individual donors giving $650 – $5,000 for NJPAC
programs and operations. Support best-in-class engagement and
stewardship program that builds and deepens premium relationships,
retains and upgrades philanthropic support, creates a seamless and
value-driven donor experience that leverages NJPAC’s artistic
excellence and advances an institutional narrative focused on
impact, outcomes, and access. Serve as a senior member of a
high-performing, adaptive NJPAC team of fundraising
Essential Duties and
- Oversee and grow the NJPAC Champions Program, a mid-level
giving program with approximately 180 donors giving between $650 –
$4,999 including solicitations, renewals, stewardship, upgrades and
fulfillment. Responsible for helping to set and then meet
fundraising goals tied to annual fund and any special
- Work closely with the Membership Manager on yearly projections
and all Membership appeals including renewals, calendar year end,
fiscal year end, and any special fundraising appeals throughout the
- Develop personal relationships with donors that lead to
personal solicitations; assign solicitations to and support CEO and
senior management as necessary to close gifts.
- Creatively steward and upgrade existing sponsors using personal
visits (5-10 personal touches to donors/prospects monthly),
organizing meetings with CEO/other stakeholders, using ticketing,
“surprise and delight” perks, invitations to program-related
meetings and events, crediting and recognition and benefit
- Manage correspondence, acknowledgements and proposals for
- Work with research and membership to identify members giving
($650-$4,999) with capacity to give at higher levels, and create
engagement strategies designed to steward donors and maximize
upgrades and conversion.
- Develop strategies to steward donors and optimize engagement to
help expand the individual giving pipeline.
- Work with Managing Director of Women@NJPAC to develop new,
sustainable strategies to effectively integrate Women@NJPAC donors
and prospective donors into regular fundraising efforts.
- Work with prospect researcher to parse wealth screening data to
isolate, qualify and activate strategies to engage and solicit high
wealth individuals within the database.
- Update and maintain donor records with contact information,
biographical updates and coding, including Women@NJPAC donors.
- Manage and/or attend evening and weekend events and perform
other duties and assist in special projects as assigned.
- Supervise the Membership Manager and Coordinator, Major
- 3-5 years development experience, effectively stewarding and
fundraising from individual donors, in progressively more senior
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Highly motivated strategic thinker with exceptional written and
verbal communication skills across a range of formats – including
emails, letters, proposals, and progress reports.
- Ability to build relationships and consensus across internal
- Superior organizational and project management skills.
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency in Word and
Excel. Experience with customer relation software preferred.
- Superior customer service skills and follow-up skills.
- Ability to project manage and prioritize.
- Excellent project management with an ability to implement
systems and follow-up processes.
- Ability to manage up and down.
- Self-starter, independent and proactive.
- Interest in the arts a plus.
- Analytical and comfort with data and databases.
- Experience with Salesforce or other Fundraising and ticketing
- Evening/weekend work required.
NJPAC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (including
booster vaccination) for COVID-19 prior to starting work, unless
precluded from doing so by applicable law. The CDC currently
defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for
Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson
& Johnson. Proof of vaccination is required prior to the
applicant’s first day of work.
Please e-mail résumé, cover letter, salary requirements and
clips to email@example.com with the subject line ‘SENIOR
MANAGER, INDIVIDUAL GIVING’. If your application meets our needs,
we’ll reach out to continue the process. Thanks for your interest!
We look forward to hearing from you.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer