Sr. Director of Development - Animal Welfare
- Anderson Humane
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Jul 8, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Prospect Research, Other Fundraising
- Animal Protection
- Employment Type
- Full Time
KEES has been exclusively retained by Anderson Humane in its search for a Senior Director of Development.
For more than half a century, Anderson Humane has been a place of refuge and second chances for thousands of animals and the people who love them. A one-of-a-kind animal welfare organization, Anderson Humane (formerly Anderson Animal Shelter and Fox Valley Wildlife Center) focuses on creating and supporting mutually beneficial relationships between people and animals.
Plans for a state-of-the-art humane complex are underway with a $40 million campaign soon to launch to support the building of a comprehensive campus in Elburn IL. Construction on the new campus will begin in 2023. It is scheduled to open by 2026, and will have facilities for wildlife rehabilitation, an adoption center, state of the art veterinary facilities, an equine center, event space, welcome center, and administrative offices.
Anderson Humane seeks an engaging, organized, goal-oriented and proactive fundraiser to join the team. Ideal candidates will be entrepreneurial and collaborative with experience working and building strong connections with various stakeholders, supporters and community members. In addition to managing a portfolio of donors, the Senior Director of Development will lead a team of Development professionals and partner with Anderson Humane’s leadership on setting strategy for an upcoming $40 million capital campaign.
Some requirements include:
- Passion for the human animal bond and animal welfare.
- 7 years or more of increasingly responsible Development roles, at least 3 supervising a team of 3 or more direct reports.
- Proven success in building strong and productive fundraising work teams, with a focus on encouraging, mentoring, and nurturing staff development.
- Strong analytic and strategic-thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to create, implement, and monitor complex plans and translate those plans into goals and concrete and measurable strategies.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse individuals including executives, high-level volunteers, wealthy donors, internal stakeholders, and leadership.
- Strong comfort level with direct donor interaction is a must, including discussions of personal and family finances and asking for major financial commitments.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or CFRE credential preferred.
Anderson Humane is also seeking a Director of Development Outreach. Please visit the KEES website for more information.
All Employees, staff, interns and volunteers are required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or provide a valid exemption.
Anderson Humane provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identification, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service. This policy applies to all employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, evaluation, promotion, transfer, discipline and termination, as well as all forms of employee compensation. All of Anderson s policies will be interpreted to permit and promote reasonable accommodation of the disabilities and religious beliefs of otherwise qualified employees and applicants as required by law.
The Senior Director of Development position offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package.
For more Information and TO APPLY for the Senior Director of Development role click here: https://bit.ly/AH-Sr-Dir-Development
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no
applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL
BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
KEES (formerly Alford Executive Search) is a nonprofit executive search firm that builds diverse teams with dynamic leaders in the nonprofit and public sectors. A woman owned and operated firm, KEES offers a full array of nonprofit consulting services including executive search, leadership development, interim staffing, and HR support.
About Anderson Humane
Anderson Humane is a resource for pet owners, providing information and essential services to provide better care for their pets. Services such as Low-Cost Vaccination, Dental, and Spay/Neuter Clinics offer affordable veterinary care options, preventing owners from having to give up their pets simply because they can’t afford care. On the horizon are additional programs to keep pets in homes, such as a pet food pantry, affordable pet training options, and temporary housing for pets when families are in crisis.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert