Formerly Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley/North
At AgeSpan, you'll find a work environment that combines:
- A refreshing culture that is supportive,
collaborative, and encouraging of diverse perspectives and
- A focus on innovation with a team recognized
for developing and implementing innovative programs and novel
- Encouragement of your development through
opportunities to get involved, use your voice, and gain new
knowledge and skills.
- A satisfying balance between your work and
personal life, including a flexible workplace, generous paid time
off, and wellness programs.
Depending on your role and your hours, we offer:
- Flexible schedule and hybrid work opportunities
- Competitive salaries
- Healthcare (medical, dental)
- 403b Retirement Plan with agency match
- 20 Vacation Days, 12 Sick Days, and 12 Paid Holidays
- Social Work Licensing Program
- License Renewal Paid by agency for RN's and Social Workers
- And MORE!
Background: AgeSpan, an area agency on aging
focused on promoting healthy aging and independence across the
lifespan, is committed to building a stronger culture of
philanthropy to support the individuals and communities we serve.
We are looking for the right partner to lead and build this
Position Responsibilities: The Director of
Development (DOD) is responsible for the development,
implementation, coordination, and expansion of AgeSpan's
fundraising program. The DOD works closely with the Chief Strategy
Officer (CSO) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to align all
elements of the organization's development and fundraising
functions with our strategic plan; and ensure the integration of
the vision, core values, and culture of AgeSpan into the overall
Essential Functions: (Core duties or tasks that
are fundamental and not marginal to the performance of the job)
- Develop and grow an internal and external culture of
philanthropy across the Agency;
- In the first 18 months, solidify a strategic plan for ongoing
development, ensuring determined strategies are consistent with the
agency's mission, vision and culture;
- Synthesize the various components of the agency's development
and philanthropy efforts, including, but not limited to, community
relations, events, donor relations, major giving, and corporate
giving; to ensure consistent and cohesive overall strategy;
- Collaborate with senior management team in advancing
departmental and agency objectives;
- Facilitate participation in development activity amongst board
and non-development staff members;
- Develop strategies and plans in coordination with the Chief
Strategy Officer (CSO) to fund the Agency's short and long-term
programs and campaigns;
- Closely monitor success of fundraising efforts to meet current
approved budget and strategic goals and implement an annual
evaluation process to inform future strategy and objectives;
- Implement systematic efforts to identify, solicit, steward,
maintain and upgrade annual giving donors and work closely with CSO
to develop partnerships with major individual, corporate, and
foundation donor prospects;
- In partnership with the Development Coordinator oversee direct
mail campaigns; coordinate seasonal donor acquisition efforts,
donor communications, and donor events; and represent the Agency at
special events and outreach activities as necessary;
- Keep current on fundraising best practices, trends, and
- Assist in budget preparation and monitor overall departmental
revenue and expense, with strong alignment and collaboration with
the agency's Fiscal team;
- Oversee collection and reporting of development related data;
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- A successful candidate should have at least a bachelor's degree
and 8-10 years development experience, ideally in a progressive
leadership role with demonstrated knowledge of crafting overall
development strategy and a track record of success.
- Experience with database oversight, reporting, and
communicating development-related data to a broad audience is a
- Experience and/or passion for working with the older adult
community is preferred.
- The candidate should also have exemplary goal-setting,
planning, and prioritization skills and be highly organized,
thoughtful and strategic with confidence in advocating for the
importance of development both internally and externally.
- A strong track record as an effective communicator, highly
skilled in writing and donor communication, as well as a broad
understanding of the technology need to managed development
efforts, is a must.
- Candidate should have a charismatic and persuasive personality
and should be authentic and open in gaining the respect and support
of a broad range of constituencies and stakeholders.
- Candidate must be skilled at cultivating relationships and
guiding staff and board members in doing the same.
- Experience in or substantial knowledge of the private, non-
profit sector is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Merrimack Valley and North Shore regions of
Massachusetts is a plus.
Hours per week : 37.5
AgeSpan is strongly committed to fostering a professional
environment that recognizes, respects, and encourages the unique
contributions of a broad spectrum of qualified employees. It is
important that our employees reflect the diverse communities we
serve. We maintain a work atmosphere that allows people of
varied backgrounds to grow professionally and contribute to our
mission by promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and work-life