Pratham USA is recruiting an experienced Director of Individual
Philanthropy to lead the efforts in designing, implementing and
managing a Major Gifts and integrated fundraising strategy in
partnership with Pratham USA leadership.. The Director will be
based (preferably) in New York, DC or San Francisco and will work
closely with chapter leadership, board members, the Pratham USA
team and program leadership in India. She/he will oversee a team of
managers and associates and will be accountable for the P&L and
growth of a region. The Director of Individual Philanthropy will
report to the Pratham USA Head of Growth
Pratham USA seeks an entrepreneurial individual with an
exceptional level of personal responsibility and extensive
fundraising experience, who is both adept at conveying our message
persuasively to garner financial resources while managing teams and
processes to ensure a strong and responsive development
- Work with PUSA leadership as part of the national development
team and with chapter leadership to design and implement overall
engagement and fundraising strategies, in order to continue the
sustained growth of revenues.
- Develop and execute a fundraising plan to reach Individual
Philanthropy revenue goals. Pratham USA expects to double
philanthropic giving by individuals, corporates and foundations by
- Personally cultivate and manage a portfolio of major gifts and
discovery donors with the aim to establish long-term relationships
and upgrade their giving.
- Lead and manage a team of regional development professionals,
motivating talent and guiding staff in reaching their goals and
- Provide oversight of and assist in developing targeted
communications and strategic work plans.
- Be accountable for fundraising activities and goals for
Gala’s/Major Events in a region.
- Participate in goal setting, performance reviews and resourcing
decisions for the Individual Philanthropy team in collaboration
with Pratham USA Leadership/Talent and Org.
- Collaborate with program leadership in India and the national
development team to assess funding priorities and gaps and develop
major gift opportunities.
- Contribute to the drafting and editing of philanthropic
communications including case for support, funding proposals and
donor updates and reports, working closely with the donor
communications director and program leadership in India.
- Work with chapter board leadership to engage current and lapsed
board members and major gift donors to expand the Pratham USA
footprint and raise regional awareness and fundraising.
- Remain knowledgeable and up to date on all Pratham programs and
- Deliver on special projects and campaigns as needed.
- The role will involve travel with evening and weekend work
schedules based on need.
- Bachelors’ degree, with strong preference for a Master’s in a
related area. – Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in non-profit
development required, with at least 5 years in major gift
- Proven ability to close gifts of $25,000+ and experience
securing large gifts from new prospects.
- Superior interpersonal skills and relationship management
- Able to lead and motivate a development team to achieve
fundraising and organizational goals.
- Passionate about education and demonstrated empathy for
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
– including the ability to listen and target communications to
specific interests and audiences.
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Google applications
- Motivated self-starter who can think critically and solve
- Ability to initiate and manage multiple complex projects, work
effectively in a results-oriented team environment and meet
- Able to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a
The position is full-time with compensation commensurate to the
skills level. Additionally, Pratham offers a generous benefits and
vacation package, including 401(K), health & dental and
This is a remote/work from home role. The incumbent will be
expected to meet in-person with donors and attend events, primarily
in NYC, DC or SF.
Pratham is an equal opportunity employer and encourages
people from diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our