Special Events Senior Associate
- The Entertainment Community Fund
- New York, United States
- $47,000.00 - $52,000.00
- Closing date
- Jul 13, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Membership, Special Events, Programs, Other Programs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Special Events Senior Associate position has the following responsibilities:
- TICKETING: Procure, process, sell and distribute event tickets; manage seating and will call arrangements; manage ticket phone line & online sales requests; manages event sales reports; prepares online seating charts with pricing options for theatrical events sold through the in-house ticketing software, Audience View; inputs & maintains accurate ticket purchaser and ticket sales records in Audience View; provides sales updates & seating requests to Executive Team
- THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE EVENTS & SPECIAL EVENTS: Assist Manager of Special Events and Director of Special Events with day-to-day coordination of department goals; processes donation and tax acknowledgment letters for theatrical performance events & special events; assists with technical processes for online streaming fundraising opportunities
- OUTREACH/RECRUITMENT: In conjunction with the Manager of Special Events, the Special Events Senior Associate works with the offices of theatre owners, guilds, and industry representatives to secure theatrical performance tickets
- COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING: Coordinates with the internal Communications & Marketing team to assist with social media outreach for theatrical performances and other events
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in execution and support of fundraising events
- Superior customer service skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to motivate others and form productive relationships with a wide variety of office personnel of entertainment & performing arts industry leaders, contractors, talent, donors, vendors, staff, and volunteers
- Be a brand ambassador and representative out in the community
- Experience with online ticket sales software such as Audience View is a plus
- Prior experience in a customer service-oriented, ticket selling or servicing environment preferred
- Experience with streaming platforms such as StreamYard is a plus
- Working knowledge of theatre preferred
- Event based hours outside of office hours, including weekend and evening hours as needed for event ticketing and coordination
- Some physical labor required in production of events
- Supervision of volunteers and interns during selected events
- Some travel may be required
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This is a full-time salaried position based in the Entertainment Community Fund’s National Headquarters Office in Times Square, New York City. The Entertainment Community Fund offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including: choice of multiple health and dental plans, voluntary vision, flex and dependent care plans, employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance, supplemental life and disability, 401(k) plan with generous employer match, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off and TransitCheck commuter benefit.
Apply online at www.entertainmentcommunity.org/careers. A complete application will include a resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
ABOUT THE ENTERTAINMENT COMMUNITY FUND
The Entertainment Community Fund is a national human services organization that fosters stability and resiliency, and provides a safety net for performing arts and entertainment professionals over their lifespan. Through offices in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, The Fund serves everyone in film, theatre, television, music, opera, radio and dance with programs including social services and emergency financial assistance, health care and insurance counseling, housing, and secondary employment and training services.
In an effort to protect our fellow employees and visitors, the Entertainment Community Fund requires all employees to receive the COVID-19 Vaccination subject to accommodations required by law.
For more about the Entertainment Community Fund, please visit: www.entertainmentcommunity.org
The Entertainment Community Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Built into the value statement of the Entertainment Community Fund is a commitment to embrace diversity and seek equity, inclusion and dignity for all. We celebrate our differences and strive to cultivate an environment of mutual respect.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert