Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan
traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches
lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of
the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this
mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that
supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the
engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and
Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic,
student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University is seeking applications for the position of
Director of Development. This is a full time, salaried
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Development is responsible
for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
of major gift prospects and donors, specifically gifts of $10,000
and above to support the mission of Lourdes University. They will
collaborate with the Vice President for Institutional Advancement
(VPIA) and other development directors and managers to implement a
short and long-term advancement plan. Specifically, this position
will pay special attention to developing and growing the
University's corporate giving pipeline.
- Responsible for qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and/or
stewarding a portfolio of 100 – 150 prospects, developing the
goals, strategies, and tasks associated with closing gifts of
$10,000 + for Lourdes University; This portfolio may be a mix of
both individuals and corporations
- In coordination with other Advancement partners, develops
written proposals, gift agreements and other appropriate
correspondence necessary to close and document new gifts and
- Works as a collaborative and creative partner with leaders
across campus such as College Deans, University Administrations, VP
of Athletics, etc to identify fundraising initiatives and dynamic
- Actively participate in campus life, including attendance at
key events such as Homecoming, athletic competitions, student
performances, gift announcements, and groundbreaking and
dedications. Host donors and prospects at events that advance
stewardship and cultivate for future philanthropic support.
- Meet annual visit goals through personal travel/interaction,
virtual meetings, or substantive phone calls. Meet annual
solicitation and attainment goals as developed in consultation with
VPIA and advancement colleagues.
- Travel as necessary locally, regionally, and nationally to
manage portfolio of prospects effectively and to assist with
- Performs special assignments as assigned by the VPIA
- Work weekend and evening hours as required to support
- Bachelor's degree is required, Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of increasing responsibility in non-profit
- Proven record of accomplishment of fundraising success,
particularly by securing major gifts, successfully managing
campaigns, and engaging a community of motivated supporters.
Capital campaign experience preferred.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication
skills; writing sample will be required.
- Experience managing volunteers.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex
- Working knowledge of development best practices, philanthropy
trends, tools and technology, including donor databases, e-mail and
online campaigns, and donor research.
- Ability to work with sensitive information with absolute
discretion and a high degree of integrity.
- Deep appreciation and understanding of the University's mission
and the ability to articulate its values and vision internally and