Vice President of Finance and Administration
President and CEO
Fulfill’s mission is to alleviate hunger and build food security
in Monmouth & Ocean Counties and to make sure that all people
at all times have access to enough nutritious food to maintain an
active and healthy life. Fulfill has an employee base of over 50
Our headquarters is in Neptune, where this position is based,
with a satellite branch (The B.E.A.T. Center) in Toms River.
Fulfill seeks an organized and analytical leader for our Vice
President of Finance and Administration. Reporting to the President
and CEO, this position is a key member of our senior management
team and an active participant in making strategic decisions
affecting the organization. The VP of Finance and Administration
provides financial leadership and accountability in support of
Fulfill’s mission, while also maintaining its financial well-being.
The successful candidate will provide regular financial reporting
and analysis to inform organizational decision-making, and will
champion policies and procedures across the organization to
mitigate risk and ensure responsible stewardship of funds.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a financial executive
with operational experience and a proven track record of creative
problem-solving and change management to join a mission-driven
Strategy and Planning
- In collaboration with the President & CEO and members of
the senior management team, leads the interdepartmental development
of operating, capital, grants and development budgets.
- Develops the infrastructure and systems needed to support
- Acts as the staff resource for the Finance, Investment and
Audit Committees of the Board of Trustees, effectively
communicating and presenting critical financial matters to the
Board. Participates in board and committee meetings as
- Closely monitors the agency’s cash flow and prepares financial
forecasts as needed.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly financials as well as banking
& investments, cash on hand & related data, and provides
briefings to the agency’s President & CEO, Board of Trustees
and other key stakeholders.
- Oversees all financial operations (Accounting, Accounts Payable
& Receivable, Payroll and Banking) of the organization;
monitors the integrity of the general ledger and management systems
to accurately report financial activity.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and funding
requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP),
internal controls and Fulfill’s policies and procedures.
- Develops, maintains and improves policies and procedures
relating to financial activities of the organization.
- Coordinates the preparation and filing of the agency’s audited
financials and federal Form 990 in a timely manner.
- Works closely with the Operations department on inventory
management and controls.
- Works closely with the VP of Development and External Relations
on all fundraising activities.
- Serves as the agency’s primary representative on all financial
matters with funders, investors, auditors and the banking
- Represents the agency at public events and meetings at the
request of the President & CEO.
- Responsible for reviewing financial statements with the Finance
Committee of the Board on a regular basis.
- Engages Finance Committee to prepare and maintain short-,
medium-, and long-term forecasts.
- Works with outsourced IT services to manage all IT
- Manages equipment leases, including for copy machines and
- Works with Blackbaud on Raiser’s Edge database issues.
Risk Management & Administration
- Collaborates with Human Resources on employee benefits,
including negotiations and agreements.
- Oversees relationships with insurance brokers and vendors, and
oversees solicitation of insurance proposals. Recommends insurance
policies and levels.
- Manages all RFP processes and business contracts to optimize
- Leads the development of an annual risk assessment report to
identify Fulfill’s key risks (e.g. financial, programmatic, supply
chain, regulatory, operational, technological, etc.), the
likelihood of each occurring within the next one to five years, and
proposed mitigation. Presents key findings and recommendations to
the President and CEO.
Management and Supervision
- Hires, trains, and motivates a diverse and competent staff
committed to the mission and values of Fulfill. Coaches and
develops staff to maximize performance, completes performance
reviews and makes recommendations to the President and CEO
affecting salary and employment decisions.
- Manages the Finance Department in a fiscally sound manner by
ensuring that the appropriate staffing, systems, internal controls,
and policies and procedures are in place.
- Creates opportunities for cross-training and redundancy of
skills within the team to ensure business continuity.
- Leads, supervises, and supports the department with diversity,
equity, and inclusion as core values.
- At least 7-10 years progressive experience in nonprofit
accounting, with experience in grant management and food banking
- A minimum of 5 years supervisory experience is required for
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication
- Technical aptitude in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel
and PowerPoint) and accounting software (prior experience with
CERES a plus).
- Demonstrated experience in managing people and budgets.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- A strategist who is adept at planning, prioritizing,
multi-tasking, organizing and following through while remaining
highly energetic and focused.
- A team builder with strong skills in management and
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and willing to work
- Committed to be enthusiastic about Fulfill’s mission and
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful and flexible.
- Straightforward and diplomatic, sharing information readily,
listening as well as giving advice and respecting the abilities of
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively
collaborate with – colleagues who do not have a finance
- Values integrity and honesty.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is in the range of $120,000 -
$150,000, commensurate with experience. Excellent
benefits. Fulfill is an equal opportunity employer and
encourages qualified individuals to apply for this position
regardless of their personal background.
Work is value, goal and deadline-oriented; some travel, driving,
walking, standing, bending, lifting and carrying items weighing in
excess of 20 pounds; computer work; some extended hours. This
position primarily works in an office environment.
TO APPLY, please send your resume to