Reporting to the Director of Major Gifts, the Development
Associate will actively coordinate projects for the benefit of
major gift prospect work in consultation with staff across the
Office of Academy Resources (OAR). With strong project management,
data analysis, event management and logistics support, this role
assists the major gift team in developing relationships with
prospects; building prospect lists; special event planning; ongoing
cultivation/ stewardship; and other project support.
Duties will include:
50% Fundraising Project Management and Data Analysis
• Develop and oversee projects that support overall fundraising
activities. Projects might include but are not limited to
customized cultivation/stewardship, outreach and proposal
• Preparation and data analysis of reports such as regional
fundraising progress, prospect and proposal pipeline reports,
portfolio management, data integrity, and budgeting.
• Create new reports and modify existing reports, as needed, in
collaboration with the Analytics team around dollars raised, visit
activity, etc. Analyze reporting data to inform giving
• Draft a variety of written materials, including gift
acknowledgements and outreach, prospect briefings, gift opportunity
summaries, and customized stewardship reports.
• Serve as liaison with the annual giving team to track key
• Communicate effectively with alumni and parents in person,
electronically and via phone and video.
• Support major gifts team in maintaining regional priority
40% Event Management and Logistics
• Serve as lead event manager for the Andover Development Board
• Manage and coordinate prospect event logistics including
invitation development, event briefings, venue and catering
details, host correspondence, list management and event
• Manage event follow up initiatives, stewardship, and data
analysis. 20% Volunteer Management
• Work with Director of Major Gifts to assist in developing and
preparing Andover Development Board programming.
• Provide support to ADB members and to those who manage ADB
member relationships internally.
• Communicate and coordinate Andover Development Board
activities, reporting and direct mail initiatives directly with its
10% Other Duties
• Proactively take the initiative to stay abreast of Academy
activities and enterprises.
• Other administrative duties as necessary