Assistant Director, University of Sciences Alumni
- Saint Joseph's University
- Pennsylvania, United States
- $45,000.00 - $45,000.00
- Closing date
- Jul 13, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Alumni Affairs, Donor Relations, Other Fundraising
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Assistant Director of the University of the Sciences Alumni (AD) is responsible for managing engagement & fundraising strategies that broaden SJU’s annual engaged and donor base and support the University’s engagement & fundraising goals.
The AD will do this through direct management of a comprehensive engagement, solicitation and stewardship plan for University of the Sciences Alumni.
Accordingly, the incumbent will be responsible for creating and executing a long-range plan, and related annual plans focused on driving the following metrics:
- Increase University of the Sciences alumni engagement from 5% to 8% over a three to five-year time period.
- Increase University of the Sciences alumni donor participation from 4% to 7% over a three to five-year time period.
Responsible for the managing alumni volunteers that align with strategic affinities and/or regions. The (AD) will work closely with other SJU Alumni & Donor Engagement staff, the SJU National Alumni Board (NAB), colleagues across the Office of Advancement, and key volunteer leaders to form appropriate chapter structures, goals, and measures of success across each volunteer group. The AD will develop and oversee high visibility programs and will be a key partner working with other SJU staff to ensure volunteers are actively participating in priority programs. All of these activities are designed to deepen engagement opportunities and highlight the benefit of being a Saint Joseph’s University alum.
The AD will work with a team on identifying opportunities to enhance use of existing engagement tools (e.g. imodules) in event registrations, email communications, and constituent data collection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with alumni relations, serve as primary contact and provide ongoing support of SJU Connects, which includes:
- Day-to-day support of the online platform
- Developing and executing the strategy to increase the number of students and alumni who actively participate in the service
- Developing and executing the strategy for Brazen, our new on-line platform for virtual networking activities
- Working with our third-party service providers to ensure new elements of the service are rolled out appropriately to the SJU community
- Developing and executing the strategy to integrate the service into our alumni relations programs and events (such as Career Conversations Week, regional events and Industry nights).
- Develop and implement solicitation and stewardship plans
utilizing multi-channel (phone, digital, email, mail, etc)
- Learn/build upon knowledge of industry best practices to incorporate into strategy
- Analyze past results and other data to inform strategy
- Include specific plans for each unique segment
- Present concepts and messaging to internal staff and key stakeholders for their edits and approval at the beginning of each semester
- Collaborate with Advancement staff to ensure solicitations and other outreach fit into the larger communication schedule
- Monitor solicitation outcomes
- Support other Alumni & Donor engagement programs and initiatives that require team involvement
- Assist with the supervision of student workers as needed
- Participate in and support divisional special events and programs
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
- Standing and moderate lifting may be required
- Evening/weekend hours required regularly (especially during academic year)
- Ability to sit for long periods at personal computer performing related functions
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of one (1) year experience working in higher education, alumni relations, fundraising or related field
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and highest commitment to accuracy and quality of work
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of engagement and fundraising process and ability to articulate “case for support”
- Computer literacy and strong skills in Microsoft software and programs
- Command of the English language and the ability to write, proofread and edit compelling fundraising appeals
- Ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships with both external and internal constituents, including vendors
- Ability to exercise good judgment in handling of confidential information
- Independent initiative as well an ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Understanding of and ability to use social media properties strategically
- Experience managing students
- Project management experience
- Previous experience working within an alumni relations or annual fund program
- Experience working with Banner
- Experience working with iModules or a similar platform
- Strong desire to build a career in higher education
On-line applications only. Please provide a letter of application/interest and resume. For a complete description of position responsibilities, qualifications, and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.sju.edu/postings/19057.
Saint Joseph's University is a private, Catholic, and Jesuit institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and make positive contributions to that mission. Saint Joseph's is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert