Love animals? Want to spend your day surrounded by wagging tails
and soft purrs?
Humane Society Silicon Valley (HSSV), an independent, privately
funded, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, has been serving people
and pets in Silicon Valley for over 90 years. Having facilitated
more than half a million animal adoptions, HSSV is leading the
charge for animal welfare through community education programs,
creative marketing techniques and effective homeless animal
prevention strategies. HSSV is the first organization ever to meet
the model shelter standard-of-care guidelines put forth by the
Association of Shelter Veterinarians.
A High-Performing Team
We are a passionate team who believes that collaboration with one
another is key to our success. While we have clear individual goals
and responsibilities, we know that our best work is done by
leveraging each other’s strengths and making sure to create
opportunities for the work to be fun and creative.
We take our mission seriously: To save and enhance lives –
both two-legged and four legged! Through compassion and
collaboration, we are building a community in Silicon Valley where
every pet has a home.
The Marketing Campaign Specialist will execute creative,
engaging targeted marketing campaigns toward increasing leads,
awareness, and engagement for key HSSV programs (from adoptions to
medical services and more). These campaigns often span digital
(web, social, email, search, etc.) and print (ads, flyers,
billboards, etc.), and rely upon coordination with design and
content resources, marketing automation, and CRM and website
management. In support of achieving our strategic goals, this role
will collaborate on cross-functional projects and act as daily
manager of marketing metrics and associated campaign data
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create lead generation campaigns, measure performance, and
adjust accordingly; ensure consistent messaging and branding across
- Manage production of campaign-related materials, including, but
not limited to, flyers, digital signage, and ads (both digital and
- Develop monthly campaign metrics reports (web, email, social
media, CRM, earned media, etc.) and identify
- Utilize search engine marketing tactics to generate increased
site traffic and convert site traffic through call to actions,
landing pages, and lead generation content, including AdWords
account maintenance for campaigns.
- Partner with team members to create digital and video assets
for use in campaigns that reflect the HSSV brand and support
- Manage monthly updates to marketing content for LCD screens
placed around the HSSV campus.
- Coordinate with design and website technical staff in support
of campaigns and ensure marketing spend for campaigns stays within
- Research and stay abreast of latest digital marketing trends
and best practices in general and within the animal
- Other job duties may be assigned as needed.
- Experience producing integrated multi-channel digital campaigns
and advertising/promotion on social platforms (e.g.,
Facebook/Instagram ads and targeting).
- Proven ability with digital analytics, including the use of
KPIs to assess progress towards objectives and setting up funnel
conversion goals and metrics. Experience with the following tools:
Google Analytics, Google Ads and display ads, and marketing
automation (e.g., Pardot). Familiarity with tools such as CrazyEgg
and Salesforce CRM.
- Knowledge of copywriting for advertising, websites, and other
mediums as needed.
- Project management experience and use of project management
tools (e.g., Asana).
- Tactical expertise in audience research, segmentation, A/B
testing, and optimization.
- Comfort working both independently and collaboratively within a
small, close-knit team, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written,
with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving
- Openness to editing and feedback and skills to rework to
incorporate editing suggestions.
- Ability to be in contact with animals for purposes of creating
marketing assets (e.g., Facebook Live or work with
photographer/videographer) or at events as needed.
- Familiarity with Google Tag Manager and Webmaster Tools and
running retargeting ad campaigns and managing Google AdWords grant
account a plus.
- Preferred experience with using Photoshop to optimize images
for digital advertising and websites and iMovie or other video
editing tool to create videos.
- Print/outdoor advertising production/management and experience
working with fundraising teams a plus.
Work Days and Hours
Primarily day schedule Monday-Friday but will be required to
participate in events throughout the year that are on evenings
Add "apps.bamboohr.com" to your email contact list so you make
sure to receive emails from HSSV regarding your application.
HSSV requires all employees and volunteers to be
up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccines which includes booster doses upon
eligibility, subject to consideration for medical and religious