Support the Office of Advancement through communications,
events, strategy, and administrative work with an emphasis on young
alumni (“GOLD”) programming and initiatives.
- Oversee and execute all social media communications (Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn) for the Office of Advancement
with the leadership and guidance of the Director of Alumni
Relations and in coordination with University and Marketing
- Work with Director of Alumni Relations on consistent and
concise event marketing and promotion; ability to write copy
(website description, invitation and registration materials, and
event summaries); maintain web pages, database, and social media
with proper event information; assist with post-event surveys.
- Provide administrative support for the Office of Alumni
Relations including communications (direct mail, email blasts,
- Serve as a resource for alumni inquiries and communications by
phone and email.
- Partner with the Director to create and implement strategies
that cultivate and grow alumni engagement, as well as building
partnerships with departments across campus with a specific focus
on GOLD (Graduates of the Last Decade) alumni.
- Revitalize and manage the GOLD Committee and GOLD events.
- Partner as needed with Office of Career Development and
Internships to facilitate alumni networking, mentorship, and
- Assist with planning and executing alumni gatherings including
social, networking, reunion, and Homecoming events.
- Assist in overseeing the organization and inventory of Alumni
Relations supplies, such as archival materials and promotional
- Assist with any Office of Advancement events.
- Other tasks assigned as given by supervisor.
- Personal commitment to and ability to effectively articulate
North Park’s mission and philosophy of Christian higher
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Event management, marketing and/or communication experience
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours. Peak
event periods require additional hours including evenings and
- Demonstrated proficiency with managing social media content on
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Strong interest in content creation, creative writing, and
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Adaptable and flexible, able to prioritize and respond
effectively to multiple demands.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Raiser’s Edge
and RE NXT and Canva.
Effective Date: June 2022
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the
supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.