Orbis International is a nonprofit global development
organization dedicated to saving sight worldwide. Our mission is to
preserve & restore sight by strengthening the capacity of local
institutions in their efforts to prevent and treat blindness. Our
goal is a world in which no one is needlessly blind, where quality
eye care is accessible to all.
The Campaigns and Events Manager will implement and manage
opportunities for Orbis to engage new and existing donors through
in-person and virtual events, on-site program tours, and
issue-focused fundraising campaigns to elevate organizational
priorities. Position is a key contributor to the Development team
responsible for raising funds to create and continue life-changing
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Campaigns and Events Manager, reports to the Director of
Development and works closely with Orbis International Development
team, in particular the Major Gifts and Corporate Partnerships
Teams. They will partner with Orbis’ program teams, especially the
Flying Eye Hospital team. They will manage Orbis’ Events Consultant
and liaise with external Campaign Consultants. The Campaigns and
Events Manager will cultivate deep relationships with external
stakeholders including high level donors and the Board of
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Oversee the execution of selected fundraising campaigns.
- Facilitate coordination and collaboration amongst Orbis team
- Provide input on campaign structure and design.
- Liaise with and support external campaign consultants.
- Provide project management for campaign activities, engaging
organizational stakeholders, and meeting goals and timelines.
- Work with external stakeholders, including Donor Leadership
Committee, to support their efforts and ensure they can meet their
- Develop campaign collateral and assets based on existing Orbis
- Oversee the execution of development events including the
annual gala, FEH Goodwill tours, cultivation opportunities, and
- Manage the Events Consultant responsible for event logistics
(venue, catering, design).
- Manage event invitation lists.
- Support coordination of event programming, including messaging,
- Collaborate and communicate with Orbis team members supporting
- Liaise and coordinate with vendors as appropriate.
- Manage and meet budget requirements and timeline.
- Travel internationally on-location to areas where Orbis does
programmatic work to support high level donor visits and ensure a
smooth and elevated experience.
- Develop and manage donor itinerary and schedule.
- Manage logistics of donor visits, including hotel reservations,
transportation, and Orbis materials.
- Coordinate with program team to schedule meetings, tours, and
relevant local program information and recent outcomes to
- Provide a high level of donor relations and communications at
each stage of the trip.
- Support the Director of Development in managing fundraising
plans for the organization’s top prospects, including planning, and
executing stewardship activities, preparing materials, and ensuring
activity is recorded in Raisers Edge.
- Interface with colleagues in other Orbis offices to share
fundraising information, strategies, and ideas.
- Provide additional support for the Director of Development’s
portfolio when needed.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Engage in monthly intentional equity activities to inform and
drive conversations around how diversity, equity, and inclusion
impact the philanthropy space.
- Contribute to a team that values inclusivity, innovation, and
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience in fundraising,
donor development, or equivalent experience
- Experience managing fundraising campaigns and/or events
- Leadership gift (major donor and/or corporate partnership)
experience, including donor relations and communication
- Experience with project management and collaborating across
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including SharePoint,
Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Superior organizational and time management skills: ability to
prioritize, adhere to deadlines, and multi-task
- Ability to manage a variety of projects on a domestic and
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills: ability to
represent Orbis in a professional manner with donors and
stakeholders at all levels
- Trustworthy and discerning: able to handle sensitive
information in confidence
- Efficient problem solver who is resourceful, strategic, and
- Extremely detail oriented with the ability to manage high
stakes logistics, pull together many disparate parts of a project,
and keep a clear view of the broader project goals and trends
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally and professionally
diverse team as well as independently.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally and work some
evenings for donor events.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 10-20%.
- Interest in development and the mission of Orbis.
To learn more about Orbis, go to http://www.orbis.org
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION COMMITMENT
Orbis International recognizes and values the intersecting
identities people bring to the organization. As a global
organization, Orbis welcomes qualified applicants who reflect the
five Orbis values of Accountability, Caring, Commitment,
Excellence, and Trust.
Orbis encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds,
cultures, lived experience with their mission, and/or those
belonging to communities that have been historically excluded
and/or marginalized to apply. Frequently cited statistics show that
members of structurally marginalized and/or underrepresented groups
apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Orbis
encourages candidates to break that statistic and to apply.