The American Association for Justice (AAJ®) is seeking a
Development Manager for its Political Outreach and
Development department. AAJ works to preserve the constitutional
right to trial by jury and to make sure people have a fair chance
to seek justice when they are injured by the negligence or
misconduct of others—even when it means taking on the most powerful
The Development Manager is responsible for
creating and supporting the implementation of fundraising plans and
engagement strategies for the major donor and planned giving
programs, and special projects.
Job duties include:
• Create strategic fundraising plans, foster stewardship, and
manage convention-related initiatives.
• Create and manage a marketing plan for major donor
• Develop and maintain a case and verdict tracking system for
• Plan and execute legislative fundraising and events on an as
• Manage fundraising logistics and lists.
• Lead communications and planning with member-driven
• Provide department support with database and website.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of 3 or more years’ work experience in a fundraising
position, preferably for a nonprofit or professional
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism, composure,
• Ability to provide high-level customer service, respond quickly
to requests, anticipate members’ needs, and maintain a positive
• Must be detail-orientated, mission-focused and the ability to
work in a team.
• Project management with ability to manage multiple projects
simultaneously and meet specified timelines.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, especially
Word and Excel. Prior database experience is preferred. Prior
NetForum experience is strongly preferred.
• Travel required for meetings and events (approximately 20%).
*AAJ is currently working a hybrid schedule.
**The American Association for Justice (AAJ) requires all
employees to show proof of vaccination, including booster
vaccination. AAJ will allow for exceptions to COVID-19 vaccination
and booster vaccination based on a medical exemption, disability
accommodation, or religious objection; pregnant individuals may
also request a deferral if they wish for the duration of the
Unvaccinated staff and staff who have not received the
booster shot with approved exemptions or accommodations will be
required to comply with weekly testing and to follow CDC guidelines
for unvaccinated individuals, which may include wearing a mask at
AAJ offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. AAJ is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please!
Click below to apply!