Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law
organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting
cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the
strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve
magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to
combat climate change. We partner with thousands of
groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the
critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive
change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record
of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections.
We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice
and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San
Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles,
Tallahassee, Chicago, Miami, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia,
Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The campaign assistant will support the campaign manager in
managing the volunteer and senior development leadership team in
carrying out an estimated $750 million comprehensive campaign over
5 years for Earthjustice. The campaign assistant reports to the
campaign manager with a dotted line to the SVP of Development and
works closely with them to facilitate communication and efforts
with professional campaign counsel in liaising with volunteer
leaders and VIP donors, setting up systems, implementing
strategies, rolling out campaign plans and messages within the
organization, and effectively coordinate campaign
responsibilities. The campaign assistant also provides
partial administrative support to the Principal Gifts Team which
also rolls up to the SVP of Development and on an as needed basis
to the executive team of the Development Department.
This position can be located in, Denver, Seattle, Washington DC,
San Francisco, Los Angeles or fully remote from the US.
Campaign Meeting Coordination
- Provide administrative support for all campaign meetings,
including but not limited to coordinating logistics, and the
development of agendas, taking minutes, meeting materials, and
- Track campaign meeting schedules and distribute appropriate
notifications and reminders.
- Assist with tracking and reporting the work of the Steering
Committee and campaign volunteers.
Campaign Progress Tracking
- Assist with the creation of campaign timelines and plans, and
tracking campaign progress in relation to those established
objectives and target dates.
- Ensure campaign information and materials are up-to-date and
readily available when needed, including the suite of campaign
Campaign Strategy Support
- Own the process of coordinating meetings for the President and
VPs with campaign prospects, effectively communicating prospect
strategies, tracking actions and providing reminders and updates to
staff and volunteers to ensure progress, and providing follow-up
support as needed.
- Manage the process for utilizing President and SVP’s time
towards strategizing, cultivation, and stewardship of campaign
Campaign Events Coordination
- Assist with the planning and execution of campaign events,
including event strategies and logistics.
Campaign Finance Tracking
- Assist with processing campaign-related invoices in
collaboration with accounting to ensure timely payment, and track
campaign budget encumbrances in conjunction with campaign budget
reports and provide financial updates as needed.
- Verify the proper allocation of expense payments and assist
with the resolution of discrepancies when necessary
Principal Gifts Team Support
- Attend all strategy sessions and planning meetings for the team
in close partnership with EA to the SVP.
- Assist Principal Gift Officers with tracking next steps for
work with donors.
- Manage expense reports for Principal Gift Officers in
- Additional administrative support as needed.
- Act as backup for the Campaign Manager when vacation or
- Actively participate in the greater organization’s effort
pertaining to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Other duties and projects as discussed and designed in
collaboration with the Campaign Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of two years of relevant
experience, or an Associate’s degree plus a minimum of five years
of relevant experience is required.
- At least one year fundraising or development experience.
- Experience coordinating and working with volunteers.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Adept at managing numerous projects with overlapping timelines
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Excel,
Outlook, and experience with online CRMs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as with a
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and
concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and
inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates
- Flexibility and sense of humor a must!
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a
competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.
Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values
Compensation is based on experience and location.
Salary range in San Francisco, CA: $67,800 -
Salary range in Seattle, WA, Los Angeles, CA, or
Washington, DC: $64,400 - $71,600
Salary range in Denver: $61,000 - $67,800
Salary range in other locations may range from: $57,700 -
Applicants should submit via Jobvite by July 4th, 2022:
Please, no phone calls, hard copies, or drop-ins. If you're
having technical difficulties submitting your application, reach
out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership
and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range
of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to
maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and
respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed
to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants
for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard
to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status,
marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is
not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San
Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles:
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a
manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for