Associate Vice President Planned Giving
- Arizona, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Jul 21, 2022
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Planned Giving, Programs, Community Outreach, Other Programs, Program Administration and Management, Administrative, Other Administrative
- Employment Type
- Full Time
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local community healthcare system serving an area of 1.6 million people in the greater Phoenix area. The network encompasses six acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group, outpatient surgery centers, a cancer care network, clinical research, medical education, a foundation, and community services with approximately 13,100 team members, 3,500 affiliated providers and nearly 700 volunteers.
This position is responsible for implementation and evaluation
of all aspects of the Honor Health Foundation Planned Giving
Program. This position serves as a key member of the Foundation's
development team and is accountable for an assigned share of the
Foundation's fundraising goals. This individual is responsible for
identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding
current donors and prospective donors for deferred gifts. The
Associate Vice-President of Planned Giving is responsible for
planning and executing the strategies and tactics to assist in
growing the number of planned gifts for Honor Health. This includes
working with, but not limited to, Honor Health Foundation's
Financial Health Advisors, the Honor Health Board of Directors, the
Honor Health Foundation Board of Trustees, and Honor Health's
executive leadership team.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward qualified
prospects for planned gifts and potential major gifts to meet both
short-term and long-term fund raising goals. Set development goals,
achieve or surpass those goals and report regularly on status to
Provide outstanding service and communication with HonorHealth Foundation’s Legacies of Distinction members (individuals who have indicated that HonorHealth Foundation is included as a future benefactor in their estate plan) and in partnership with the Foundation teams, Develop a stewardship program for this high level group.
- Research and maintain individual donor profiles on qualified prospects and donors and define a strategic action plan for each prospect based on data available and supervise its use in solicitation of gifts to closure.
- Increase the life income gift portfolio for HonorHealth
This includes working with planned giving donors and prospects with their financial professionals and developing compelling planned giving proposals, acknowledgments, and reports.
Track “matured” gifts annually in order to make projections on expectancies.
- Organize and conduct trainings, seminars and other learning opportunities for current donors, prospective donors, professional advisors and Foundation staff.
- Stay current with trends in philanthropy and technical details on all forms of planned gifts and tax law changes keeping Honor Health Foundation staff informed of such changes. Serve as a knowledgeable resource for Honor Health Foundation staff and Board members.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7 years as a planned gift officer, preferably in Healthcare, extensive knowledge of estate/tax laws as they pertain to planned giving
- Demonstrated successful experience and effectiveness in prospect qualification, identification relationship building and solicitation
- Advanced training in adjunct field very desirable, such as law, accounting stocks and bonds, real estate, insurance etc.
- Tuition assistance up to $5,250* per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance with domestic partner coverage
- 403(b) retirement savings plan that provides immediate vesting and dollar-dollar match up to 4%
- On-site child and elder care centers
- Employee assistance program
- Free parking, discounted bus passes, fitness facilities
*terms and conditions apply
For more information or immediate consideration, email resume to: Daja Austin: firstname.lastname@example.org
HonorHealth System Overview:
- Six acute-care hospitals
- Three Level I trauma centers
- 15 Virginia G. Piper Cancer Care Network locations
- 13,100 employees
- Medical group with 70+ primary, specialty and urgent care locations
- 500+ ongoing clinical trials and studies at the HonorHealth Research Institute
- System-wide, fully integrated Epic EMR
- Five Magnet® recognized hospitals
- Recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review, 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare 2019
- Recognized by Forbes, Best Employers 2017-2021
- All HonorHealth Medical Centers achieved B or higher rating in the spring 2019 The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades
Learn more and apply online: Jobs.HonorHealth.com
Phoenix and Scottsdale are known for high-end resorts, golf courses, vibrant nightclubs and professional sports, but the city’s biggest attraction may be the sunshine, winter warmth and more than 41,000 acres of mountain parks and desert preserves.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert